Author Topic: Thoughts on local politicians and dog leash laws  (Read 3254 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: Thoughts on local politicians and dog leash laws
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 07:32:48 AM »
Sindawe, I fear this anger reflects a lack of fulfillment.  Is your childless life feeling terribly empty?  Have you looked into adoption?

BWHAHAHAHHAHA  Have you considered a career in stand up comedy fistful?  The above made me shoot hot coffee out my nose and all over my monitor.  I get all the "kid time" I want with my neice, nephew and interactions with the well mannered children in the neighborhood.

Cats and dogs will never grow up and be President or find a cure for cancer.  But cats and dogs will also never steal your car, wreak it, then look you in the eye and scream "You ruined my life, I hate you and wish you were dead!"

No, I have no issue myself.  By choice.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 07:52:35 AM »
Did you really snort hot coffee through the nose?  That sounds really painful.

Glad you liked the bit.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mak

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »
Same could be said for all the feral yard-apes running loose.

If you are serious- you need professional help.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 10:56:59 AM »
After some decades of casual observation of people and dogs, most pet-dog people don't train their dogs beyond a call at feeding time

A public park is suppposed to be safe for all people of all ages, all the time.  A public park is not a doggie-poop repository nor a place for uncontrolled dogs.

Ergo, leash laws.  Dog owners make them necessary, not the politicians.  Not the children.  Not the doddering Old Farts.

An amazing number of people work very hard at avoiding the fact that dogs are predators.  "Not my Phaideaux!"  Sorry, those fangs aren't there for decoration.

Don't want a leash on your dog?  Keep a lawyer on retainer, then.

Art

I agree 100%.  And, unfortunately, many of the few that do train their dogs don't understand why people are afraid or react cautiously to their fine, trained animal.  If I'm walking down a park trail and suddenly encounter a friendly trained circus bear, that looks just like a wild bear, I'm going to SMP just the same.
For entertainment purposes only.