Author Topic: BBC confesses bias on religion, politics  (Read 1214 times)

Desertdog

• friends
BBC confesses bias on religion, politics
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:53:13 AM »
If you have ever read or watched a BBC news release or program should be able to know this within 5 minutes.

BBC confesses bias on religion, politics
Internal memo reveals execs saying Bible tossed in trash OK, not Quran
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52574

An internal British Broadcasting Corporation memo reveals senior figures admitted the national news agency was guilty of promoting left-wing views and anti-Christian sentiment.

News of the memo, reported by British media, comes as the BBC continues to struggle against claims of biased reporting on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and distorted coverage of the global fight against terror, reports the Israeli YnetNews.com.

The admissions of bias were made at a recent "impartiality" summit the BBC held. Most executives admitted the corporation's representation of homosexuals and ethnic minorities was unbalanced and disproportionate, YnetNews.com said. The British news agency, the report said, leaned too strongly towards political correctness, the overt promotion of multiculturalism, anti-Americanism and discrimination against the countryside.

At the summit, executives were given a fictitious scenario in which they were asked to make a judgment.

In the illustration, Jewish comedian Sasha Baron Cohen would participate in a studio program in which guests were allowed to symbolically throw in a garbage bin things they hated.

What would you do, the executives were asked, if Cohen decided to throw kosher food, the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Bible and the Quran in the trash.

Everything would be allowed, the executives said, except for the Quran, for fear of offending the British Muslim community.

The BBC also revealed its executives favored interviewing terrorist leader Osama bin Laden if the opportunity arose, the Washington Times reported.

The executives were presented with a current hot-button issue in Britain, the wearing of Muslim veils. Should a veiled woman be allowed to present the news, they were asked. The BBC's diversity editor said yes, since news anchors were allowed to wear crosses.

A senior BBC executive admitted to the British paper Daily Express, "There was a widespread acknowledgement that we may have gone too far in the direction of political correctness. Unfortunately, much of it is so deeply embedded in the BBC's culture, that it is very hard to change it."

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
Re: BBC confesses bias on religion, politics
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:57:31 AM »
In related news, the sun rises in the east and the sky is often blue.  Further updates on these continuing stories as they develop...

..This just in!  Local photomat blown up by jihadists!  No film at 11....
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 11:16:06 AM »
Whodathunkit!?

grin

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 11:37:07 AM »
Whodathunkit!?

grin
Eh, you just wanted to show off your new avatar. Great little touch for Halloween.  grin laugh

(It's not going to stay longer, I hope.  shocked)

(Just kidding.  smiley)
Andy

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »
In related news, the sun rises in the east and the sky is often blue.  Further updates on these continuing stories as they develop...

I knew we'd agree on something.
Auntie is biased.  Shockers!
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:07:51 PM »
Whodathunkit!?

grin
Eh, you just wanted to show off your new avatar. Great little touch for Halloween.  grin laugh

(It's not going to stay longer, I hope.  shocked)

(Just kidding.  smiley)

Is this better?  'Cause I've got more, ya know...

Tongue

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 09:34:57 PM »
OK, I had to turn on the avatars to see what you were up to.  You're a bad man.

I'm turning them back off.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife