Author Topic: CPAC: Where's Sarah? Where's Bobby?  (Read 2030 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
CPAC: Where's Sarah? Where's Bobby?
« on: February 26, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
Just more of the same ole' same ole'

The Grand Old Party needs new leadership.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: CPAC: Where's Sarah? Where's Bobby?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »
The Grand Old Party needs new leadership.

Well, kind'a. What it really needs is all new members, all new leaders, and a new name; other than that, things are fine with the flip side of the Democratic (sic) party.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
I thought I saw clips of Palin and family there today.

Don't know about Jindal.

guns and more

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:19:54 AM »
After I heard Bobby Jindal's response to the State of the Union address, I figure he is done.
He sounded like Mr. Rodgers talking to grade schoolers. We need some one with fire!
Did you hear Rush's speech to CPAC? That was a speech! Where are those politicians?
Hiding under their desks trying to be more democrat than the democrats.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:18:42 AM »
If we want people who can communicate we know where to look: the ranks of talk radio people who are immersed in the conservative political culture daily and make a living articulating its issues.  We need to understand how the culture's evolved and where the new wave of political talent is now going to come from.

Rush entertains but he is not an "entertainer."  It's Barack Obama, with his empty rhetoric, who is the real "entertainer" in America today.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

guns and more

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »
  We need to understand where the new wave of political talent is now going to come from.
...and it's not the republican party. They have become as corrupt as the democrats.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:33:33 PM »
...and it's not the republican party. They have become as corrupt as the democrats.
Sadly, you may be correct. But in my opinion, a third party in America has no chance of a serious attack on the establishment.

I think a takeover from inside the dumb ole' party is our only hope. And it will have to start at the grass roots.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »

Here Here.

What I want:
A party that might actually listen to the opposition if they make sense; and not turn everything into automatic naysaying of any statement the other person makes.  Politics nowadays reminds me more of Monty Python's Argument Sketch, and less like statesmanship.

Sometimes the corrupt party of Big Business has good ideas, like controlling illegal immigration, being pro-gun (in theory, at least) and pro-business, and other times, the corrupt business of minorities, and the poor has good ideas (LGBT rights, reproductive rights, etc.)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »
Is the Republican Party still the party of Big Business?  I think both parties are the Big Business parties, now, with the R's being more friendly to small business. 

Or not.  I don't know. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 10:42:20 PM »
The Democrats haven't actually been for the small guy in decades, if ever. 

I don't know, do I really want a couple of Republican governors gallivanting around the nation playing "conservative leader" and not doing their job? 

The Repubs are out of power in D.C.  There is no central leadership and there won't be for a while.  The closest thing to actual leaders are the minority leaders in Congress. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge