Author Topic: D&B Duns score?  (Read 952 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
D&B Duns score?
« on: November 24, 2006, 03:59:45 AM »
I keep getting these cards from D&B about my D&B credit report. Naturally they tell me dire things will occur if I don't "begin managing my business's credit". Naturally there's $ involved. Anybody know the inside info on this. Would it be to my advantage to get involved with this or is it yet another clever scheme to get me money??
Avoid cliches like the plague!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: D&B Duns score?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 04:19:06 AM »
yeah theres gonna be dire consequences...you wont increas their profit margin  grin

If your credit is in the toilet credit managment can be of help.  If you are fine why fix what aint broke
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 04:37:39 AM »
Yea, I did a search on it and find it's a service where you can get various reports on various companies for various fees. I suspect nothing dire will come of throwing their card in the trash. Other than to their profit margin...  laugh

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 04:42:22 AM »
I get the same thing, including phone solicitations.  They tell me that if my business ever applies for credit they will pull a D&B report, which is true.  I countered that no bank or other instituion will lend my business money without my personal guarantee anyway since I've been opened less than 2 years.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 04:47:48 AM »
Yea, I don't intend to draw any credit on my busonees. They come off like OTHER companies will check me through them to see if they want to deal with me or not. As a matter of fact the previous card I got from them indicated that someone HAD contacted them about me and I should make sure my info is up to date. Since I'm always current I can't imagine my credit report being bad but I wonder if it's worth the $29.95 just to see what they're saying about me. My "civilian" credit score is around 700 at any given time so I have no problems getting money. The problem is having to pay it back!  laugh

280plus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 05:05:05 AM »
but I wonder if it's worth the $29.95 just to see what they're saying about me.
Which is pretty much how they snag you...