Author Topic: Now we might bail out the entire #$! WORLD...except for responsible people.  (Read 8555 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim

The USA's share was estimated to come to >$800,000,000,000 over the next 10 (or was it 5?) years.  :mad: <cuss> <expletive>

That is about $2700 from every American.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

longeyes

• friend
Why bail out the world when we can just bring them here?  Isn't that coming up later this year?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
That's kind of the question... what can one do?

If you don't want to be a part of this, you can expat, or find ways to avoid paying taxes, which is a crime.

Is there a third option I'm missing?

There is a third option as everyone here knows.

Problem is as far as the APS mods are concerned it is verboten even to think about let alone post about it as it is not an appropriate topic of discussion in <cough> polite society.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?

Problem is as far as the APS mods are concerned it is verboten even to think about let alone post about it lest the thread be immediately closed.

I think we also know letting the wanna-be Rambos start ranting about voting from the rooftops is a good way to look like idiots. Not to mention proposing serious felonies is generally frowned upon in polite forums.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim

Problem is as far as the APS mods are concerned it is verboten even to think about let alone post about it as it is not an appropriate topic of discussion in <cough> polite society.

Sniping at Mods is a good way to get a thread closed.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
Now I am sure I am not the only one feeling way to sensitive about current events.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
I think we also know letting the wanna-be Rambos start ranting about voting from the rooftops is a good way to look like idiots. Not to mention proposing serious felonies is generally frowned upon in polite forums.

Ding ding ding!  winner winner chicken dinner!

I'm sure there are forums where revolutionary talk is happily allowed.  Me, I don't want the Feebs or DHS kicking in my door in the middle of the night.

You can think about it all you want.  You can even go look for those privately owned and run forums out there that allow it.  Have fun!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Actually, Werewolf, the third option, one that is being discussed at this very moment, is to eject some of our more hysterical, unproductive members.

As I look down through many of our closed threads, one thing keeps popping out at me... Members sniping at each other. You want to get a thread closed really quickly? Start sniping at another member on a personal level. Argue points all you want, but the second it starts turning personal, it's over.

Interestingly enough, that's also a very quick way to be identified as a hysterical, unproductive APS member.

Unfortunately, there's also a very strong undercurrent of hysterical "OBAMA IS CAUSING THE WORLD TO FALL ON US" running through Politics Place right now, much of it based mainly on the fact that Obama is a Democrat, the Democrats are in control of Congress, etc. More than a little annoying to have every utterance and action by Obama, even the most innocuous onces, treated to the same THE WORLD IS FALLING ON US! mantra.

As for how APS is moderated?

Ultimately, it comes down to this.

We don't answer to the membership about what they think APS should be.

We answer to Oleg and what he wants APS to be.

It's that simple.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:14:37 AM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.