Author Topic: Identify the Politician's Guns  (Read 1446 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Identify the Politician's Guns
« on: December 05, 2021, 10:39:31 AM »
Not worth putting this in politics because I'm sure Massie was trolling, but good troll! MSM outrage level achieved.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/12/05/literally-triggered-slate-sooo-butthurt-over-rep-thomas-massies-christmas-photo-they-wrote-a-whole-as-article-on-it-and-lmao/

I'm having fun trying to figure out all the guns.  =)

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Identify the Politician's Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 10:47:52 AM »
Front row, L to R:  M60, Uzi, M1 Thompson.  I can't tell if they are actual machine guns, but I hope they are.

Back row, L to R:  HK (or knockoff) G3, Don't know (maybe a FAL derivative), 2 ARs - possibly MGs.  I think I see a third hole on the lady's rifle.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
I didn't want to blast a ginormous image, but here's a link to the full sized one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFyIVyzX0AsYST0?format=jpg&name=large
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 10:56:52 AM »
That certainly looks like a third pin above the non-ambi safety selector.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 12:28:44 PM »
Just because we are a pedantic gun forum, that's a CETME. Look at the rear sight.

And an SBR para FAL maybe? There's something on the side of the reciever that looks wierd. Behind the ejection port.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 02:02:26 PM »
I didn't want to blast a ginormous image, but here's a link to the full sized one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FFyIVyzX0AsYST0?format=jpg&name=large

Excellent trigger finger discipline. Alec Baldwin should take note.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 07:27:35 PM »
Excellent trigger finger discipline. Alec Baldwin should take note.

But he didn't pull the trigger.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »
Just because we are a pedantic gun forum, that's a CETME. Look at the rear sight.

And an SBR para FAL maybe? There's something on the side of the reciever that looks wierd. Behind the ejection port.

I've never been able to tell CETME from HK.

The other one does look like a FAL, according to the pistol grip angle.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »
I gave a Cetme to my bud Wilson for Christmas one year.

After he died, I think his brother hauled the contents of the safes down to the local police station.

Sigh.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 09:01:55 PM »
I've never been able to tell CETME from HK.

The other one does look like a FAL, according to the pistol grip angle.
I thought the 2nd from the left (top) might be a heavily modified AK, but the hand guard and front end doesn't look right. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 05:55:13 AM »
I'm a bit jealous about that M60, especially assuming it is FA. The AR the Lady is holding definitely has a third pin.

The Thomspon is almost definitely FA. If you look closely the pins between the trigger guard/grip and the charging handle/bolt there are some pins that go through some part I have no idea what you would call that are for the fire controls/safety/etc. There is an additional little arm and pin on a FA Thompson that is the Fun switch. Here is a picture of mine for example.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 05:57:43 AM »
"It makes my heart soar like an eagle."
--Grandfather, in "Little Big Man," 1970
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 06:23:02 AM »
And while we are talking about FA and Thompson's. Gratuitous link to a short video of my cousin shooting my Thompson.

https://www.full30.com/v/bowed-awareness-nrR7U

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2021, 06:52:11 AM »
The second rifle from the left in the top of the photo is almost definitely a FAL or variant. It has a modern top cover with a rail, possible from DSA. I can't tell if it is a FA or not. I don't own a FA FAL to try and compare anything in the photo and I don't recall much in the way of anything external that would definitively demonstrate it as FA or not.

I'm inclined to think that UZI is FA, but I just can't see enough detail in that picture and from that side to tell for sure. I tried looking at my FA Uzi to see if there was anything from that side and from what can be seen to indicate, but no dice that I am noticing and I don't own a Semi Uzi to compare with.

The AR on the far right is a SP1 of course based on the old triangular forend. More or less the original AR configuration. No way to tell if FA or not.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2021, 07:01:30 AM »
I am betting that the machine guns are legit but probably post-samples owned by a dealer he knows, not personally owned.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 07:33:42 AM »
I am betting that the machine guns are legit but probably post-samples owned by a dealer he knows, not personally owned.

That's possible, but everything there should be old enough to not have to be post samples. There is nothing in that picture that wasn't available prior to 1986 that I can see. I own FA Uzi, Thompson and AR; all of mine are fully transferable. There are definitely transferable FAL's and M60's.

The only one I'm not sure about is that HK or CETME or whatever the first rifle on the upper left is. There are I believe some transferable G3's and I'm almost positive transferable HK trigger packs that can fit in a G3 like firearm. If it's actually a CETME then that might be a dealer thing. I don't own a CETME or any HK rifles so I don't know enough to try and identify that one.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »
Oh, I know they're out there, and you're right those could be transferrables instead of post-samples, but I just have a feeling that in this case we are not looking at Massie's actual gun collection.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 08:40:03 AM »
That's possible, but everything there should be old enough to not have to be post samples. There is nothing in that picture that wasn't available prior to 1986 that I can see. I own FA Uzi, Thompson and AR; all of mine are fully transferable. There are definitely transferable FAL's and M60's.

The only one I'm not sure about is that HK or CETME or whatever the first rifle on the upper left is. There are I believe some transferable G3's and I'm almost positive transferable HK trigger packs that can fit in a G3 like firearm. If it's actually a CETME then that might be a dealer thing. I don't own a CETME or any HK rifles so I don't know enough to try and identify that one.

There's a fair amount of transferable HK trigger packs.  The CETME and G3 trigger packs have some different parts, so you can't swap hammers or springs willy nilly, but you can drop a complete HK trigger pack in a CETME lower.  So you should be able to get a CETME to run FA in the States without too much issue.  There may even have been some real deal CETME's imported prior to 86.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2021, 08:57:41 AM »
And while we are talking about FA and Thompson's. Gratuitous link to a short video of my cousin shooting my Thompson.

https://www.full30.com/v/bowed-awareness-nrR7U

Man, that looks like a blast! An auto tommy gun means business.  =)

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2021, 09:34:43 AM »

Someone else on another forum said the owner earned a bunch of money in the real world before getting into politics and those are his FA guns.  Apparently, he is a collector/enthusiast.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 10:46:05 AM »
Someone else on another forum said the owner earned a bunch of money in the real world before getting into politics and those are his FA guns.  Apparently, he is a collector/enthusiast.

=D

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2021, 10:47:26 AM »
That would be really cool.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2021, 04:41:22 PM »
Man, that looks like a blast! An auto tommy gun means business.  =)

If you are ever in the eastern half of PA you are more than welcome to shoot it. Or any other forum member for that matter.  [ar15] =)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »
If you are ever in the eastern half of PA you are more than welcome to shoot it. Or any other forum member for that matter.  [ar15] =)
Just shoot the Thompson - please don't shoot any forum members.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2021, 05:14:15 PM »
Just shoot the Thompson - please don't shoot any forum members.

Perhaps I should have phrased that better. Invitation to shoot the Thompson or any other NFA stuff I have is open to any forum member if they are in my area was what I was saying.