Author Topic: AARRRGGGHHHH!  (Read 1349 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
AARRRGGGHHHH!
« on: August 19, 2005, 05:58:09 PM »
Had to move the fridge.  Thus pinching the Ice Maker line.  Water leaked onto the carpet, soaking the pad.  Tried my damnest to get it dry with a shopvac, no dice.  Had to pull some carpet up, let it dry, and lay down new pad.  But at least I had to take the day off work to get that accomplished, too.  Now, I'm freaking tired to boot.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
AARRRGGGHHHH!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 06:08:19 PM »
Thats what you get for having one of them new-fangled ice makers.  Shoulda stayed with the ice trays. Smiley
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Warren

AARRRGGGHHHH!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »
Hell, just a block of ice in a bucket.

Who needs any of them invention things?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
AARRRGGGHHHH!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 02:47:41 PM »
LOL yea.  Or maybe I'll just salt the meat and take the milk straight from the cow, too?  I mean, who even needs refrigeration?
Tongue

I got the floor dry, new pad down, and the carpet kicked and tacked.  Now it needs to be cleaned.  Oh, and my back hurts.  Glad I don't have to actually work for a livin...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
AARRRGGGHHHH!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 04:11:59 PM »
"Or maybe I'll just salt the meat"

Why not?

In April or so I had 20 pounds of pork belly curing on racks in my refrigerator.

Salt/sugar cured it for a week, and then smoked it.

Don't feel bad, Jamis.

It happened to a friend of mine some years ago. When their icemaker stopped working, we just attributed it to the fact that it was a 20-year-old fridge.

Then the floor started to heave and buckle.

We pulled it out and found that not only had the line broken, it had been broken for a LONG time, as the floor behind the fridge was rotted.

We ended up ripping up the old floor and putting a new one in.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.