Author Topic: Hidden Audio: Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry  (Read 9333 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Hidden Audio: Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 08:04:18 PM »
And I have no doubt that despite his saying this, most coal miners in Pennsylvania and West Virginia will vote for him.
too pathetically true
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »
And this'll be done... how? Oh, wait, massive government subsidies or access to public land to build on. (A different subsidy).

No need to get snarky, and what do subsidies have to do with Obama's plan to bankrupt an entire industry, and why are they chilling?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 08:25:45 PM »
No need to get snarky, and what do subsidies have to do with Obama's plan to bankrupt an entire industry, and why are they chilling?

...are you joking?

Here's what this does:

You take a whole load of money from the taxpayer, and give it to one industry, specifically for the purpose of making it triumph over a different industry you don't like, in the process driving (yes) bankrupt.

Also:

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 09:15:39 PM »

...are you joking?

Here's what this does:

You take a whole load of money from the taxpayer, and give it to one industry, specifically for the purpose of making it triumph over a different industry you don't like, in the process driving (yes) bankrupt.

Also:

Dude....
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »
Actually I think that was a graphical illutration to help you understand the vast differences between the two candidates.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 04:13:40 AM »
Actually I think that was a graphical illutration to help you understand the vast differences between the two candidates.

A much better illustration would be the Futurama episode "A Head in the Polls" before Nixon's head got in the race.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
"A much better illustration would be the Futurama episode "A Head in the Polls" before Nixon's head got in the race."

:laugh: snort!

Ah hell, I snorted...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.