Author Topic: Marine vet at Russell rally: Murtha a 'fat little bastard'  (Read 3115 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Marine vet at Russell rally: Murtha a 'fat little bastard'
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:24:36 PM »
Marine vet at Russell rally: Murtha a 'fat little bastard'
By Alex Roarty, PolitickerPA.com Reporter
http://www.politickerpa.com/alexroarty/2481/marine-vet-russell-rally-murtha-fat-little-bastard

NEW STANTON -- Republican congressional candidate Bill Russell's rally on Sunday featured several Iraq war veterans vehemently criticizing U.S. Rep. John Murtha (D-Johnstown), who they say betrayed them when he said troops in Iraq killed innocent civilians in Haditha "in cold blood."

Those remarks sparked Russell to run against Murtha and have been a theme of his campaign ever since.

During the rally, Shawn Bryan, a former sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps., said Murtha visited his unit in Iraq in 2005. At the time, Murtha told the troops "what a great job we did," Bryan said, only to see him tell his district back home he no longer supported the effort.

Bryan said he didn't put his life on the line for his country "just so some fat little bastard can come back and run his mouth."

It was the second time during his speech that Bryan, who flew in from Albuquerque, New Mexico, had called Murtha a "fat little bastard" during his speech. His remarks were not publicly repudiated at the rally.

In an interview after the rally, Russell told PolitickerPA.com Bryan's comments didn't reflect his own feelings, but he did the defend his fellow veteran.

The remarks are reflective of the anger many marines, who have lost dozens of fellow soldiers during combat, feel toward Murtha, he said.

"Am I going to throw him under the bus for it?" Russell asked. "No. I understand -- he's going to say what he believes."

Murtha, who himself served 37 years in the Marine Corps and was awarded a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, said about the 2005 shootings of Iraq civilians in Haditha: "Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."

Charges have been dropped against all but one of the Marines involved in the Haditha killings.

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
Re: Marine vet at Russell rally: Murtha a 'fat little bastard'
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »
I like Steve Russell. He's a member of the military oriented forum I administrate. Were I in Pennsylvania, I'd vote for Russell.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »
I think that Murtha should get no honor or mention at all at the Marine museum at Quantico. If there was any sort of roll, he should be stricken from it.

And they should tell him that.

What he did, I consider the equivalent of fragging your own troops, shooting them in the back, literally, and I suspect many Marines do as well?

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
Bryan said he didn't put his life on the line for his country "just so some fat little bastard can come back and run his mouth."

Yep. He came home. Many other's came home in coffins. They didn't die so some leftist extremist with an over-sized mouth and an under-sized intellect could turn the United States into the next East Germany.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »
Murtha is scrambling now.  He even had his hero Bill Clinton campaigning for him.  I bet old Bill got paid a pretty chunk of change to say good things about "that fat.....".  Murtha even mentioned all the ear marks he got for his district...  saying they would not have been gotten if it hadn't been for him.

Hope the guy looses.  At least there will be some joy in this election.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »
Murtha is animated pus.
The remarks are reflective of the anger many marines, who have lost dozens of fellow soldiers during combat, feel toward Murtha, he said.

In polite society, when you refer to a United States Marine, you capitalize "Marine" maggot. Got that? GOT THAT, YOU PUSBAG MAGGOT?

Oh yeah: United States Marines are NOT "soldiers". I have great respect for our soldiers. But Marines are Marines. Period. End of discussion. GOT IT? pusbag reporter.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:55:34 PM »
a fitting end to his career
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 08:28:08 PM »
Murtha is animated pus.
In polite society, when you refer to a United States Marine, you capitalize "Marine" maggot. Got that? GOT THAT, YOU PUSBAG MAGGOT?

Oh yeah: United States Marines are NOT "soldiers". I have great respect for our soldiers. But Marines are Marines. Period. End of discussion. GOT IT? pusbag reporter.

TC

I have heard it said that another misnomer is a "former Marine"...that there are no "former" Marines. Retired from active service, yes, but never "former".

In this case, I would call Murtha a former Marine, because he sure isn't anymore, disgracing them like that.

Did he go senile, or is that just the sort of person he is?

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 05:10:44 AM »
It's the kind of "person" he's become after years on the Hill gaining seniority and God only knows what else. Arrogance accumulates exponentially in the weak ones.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 09:20:45 AM »
This is an outrageous comment.  I mean seriously, who could call Murtha "little"?  The only thing "little" about him is his sense of integrity.

Don't care

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »
This is an outrageous comment.  I mean seriously, who could call Murtha "little"?  The only thing "little" about him is his sense of integrity.

Well, that.........and according the brothel in Hanoi he visited......... :rolleyes: