Author Topic: Does your wife buy you silly things?  (Read 12624 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Does your wife buy you silly things?
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 04:41:03 AM »
Just don't let her look on this site.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 06:42:25 AM »
I have a Ruger 10/22 that an old GF gave me for Christmas 11 or so years ago. I made the mistake of telling my wife where the rifle came from, she refuses to shoot it.

You could have it refinished and restocked and tell her that you traded the "old" gun for a "new" one just for her.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 06:55:38 AM »
I have a Ruger 10/22 that an old GF gave me for Christmas 11 or so years ago. I made the mistake of telling my wife where the rifle came from, she refuses to shoot it.

You could have it refinished and restocked and tell her that you traded the "old" gun for a "new" one just for her.....

Not going to do that, I like the rifle the way it is, especially since I installed a extended magazine release.

I've already had to sell all my shares I had in adult industries so I'm not going to budge on the rifle.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536