Author Topic: What loot did you get under the tree?  (Read 12541 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
What loot did you get under the tree?
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »

Fess up.  Whatcha get?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: What loot did you get under the tree?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »
I got a boot dryer and assessories, DVD of Quantom of Solance and additonal cards for a board game that I recieved earlier this year. All in all I got things that I wanted and my wife stayed under $100 for it all, like I requested and I got stuff I wanted. :)

I got my wife a nice fleece jacket and a book, West with the Night, plus $250 to put towards a new laptop for her.

Were in the snowed out midwest so we didn't have any family to visit, so I'll get some more stuff next week on the second attempt on family Christmas.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »
Books, a tshirt, dvds, more books =).
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »
Coal :)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »
Coal :)
Ah, just apply heat and pressure and you'll get diamonds =D.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 01:18:59 PM »
Ah, just apply heat and pressure and you'll get diamonds =D.
:lol:
Good one.
I got: A Sterling, a CRKT IFB, a backpack, a book, and a leather dispatch case. The dispatch case was simply a neat-looking leather object. It has a very purposeful appearance... but I have no idea what that purpose will be.

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 01:24:17 PM »
A copy of "Hell, I was There" by Elmer Keith.  =D I'm pretty excited about it. It has been out of print for a long time, I didn't think I'd ever find a decent copy in my price range. It wasn't even on my list, so it was a total surprise. One of the best gifts I've ever gotten.

Also, a spotting scope, some movies, the Foxfire books, REI gift cards, a box of ammo, and a couple other things. My folks are pretty awesome.

Edited to add pictures:

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 04:06:33 AM by mgdavis »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
My wife got me Guitar Hero. (I'm looking forward to mindless entertainment... other than APS ;))

I got a number of Gary Cooper DvDs from her parents.

My parents got me some new tools and toolbags. (Yes, both sets of inlaws are together for Christmas).

My wife bought me a new Finnish Mosin (ok, not NEW, but at least it's in very good to excellent condition) that will be shipped sometime next week.

We were also given money to go towards a new flat screen TV and a DVD player.

In addition, there was a great deal of candy, nuts, and other random such gifts.

I'm quite proud of how I spoiled my wife, though- everyone else was done with gifts and she still had 10 minutes of unwrapping to do. (I think my family did a bit of spoiling too.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

PTK

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »
Candy.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

esheato

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »
Kestrel windmeter, Drake father/son waterfowl gun case, electric razor....pretty much everything a father needs.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
I got a Barrett .50 BMG ... oh, wait; that's what I WANTED to get. 

I got a sweater.  Sweaters are nice, too !   =)

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 02:50:35 PM »
Flat screen TV for the den, snow boots, snow pants, cold-weather camo bibs and jacket, assorted clothing for work.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »
I got a few smiles, a couple of handshakes, 3 hugs, 4 kisses, and a shared cup of what was probably the best hot chocolate ever made from a handful of Hershey's kisses and powdered creamer in a tin can of water.

I also got nearly thrown out of one of the local ERs by some doofus Deputy who thought we were trying to spring his prisoner.  Deputy got gang-smothered by the ER staff and made to wait out in the hall (other side of the curtain) after being read the HIPAA rules and pointed to the fine he would have to pay.  Made a call to his jail chief in front of him and moaned and bitched about his behavior then handed him the cellphone.  In a loud voice that could be heard by his Watch Commander he profusely apologized for his "crass and rude behavior, especially on such a night and towards such nice folks who gave up their Christmas Eve to bring a little happiness to those who had to work that night."  Given as he was saying a few words then holding the phone to his ear, then saying a few more words I would guess those words were not original to him.

Anyhow, I got home a bit after the sun had come up and emptied some trash out of the vehicle and took myself out for breakfast at Waffle House, then home for a long winter nap.

I'm gonna check to see if the folks I hooked up with do this sort of thing more than once a year.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »
Coal

Fess up. Anthracite or bitimus?

Got some books, and gift cards to B&N (we are a book-worm family) and DVD Serenity Special Edition. 

Best gift was my mothers reaction to the amythist tennis bracelet I gave her.   She has been lusting after such for several years.

Then my neices gushing over the pink tint pearl earings.  Convinced her to follow my lead and ditch the tramp clothing she was going to wear to lunch in favor of the ' librarian with a secret life ' that did her justice; and earned the looks of several cute waiters at supper.

Warmed my heart with the joy of giving to to another...

Followed by the sibling's tears that I will not speak with her, nor even acknowledge her existance beyond that of an annoying insect. 

Schadenfreude is SO SWEET this time of the year.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
Got the Super Fat Cat float tube I wanted, Left for Dead 2, and a Keurig coffee machine. I am now hooked on Coffee People "Donut Shop" coffee. :)

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »
Candy, pictures, and a new hard drive since I want to be able to dual boot Windows and Linux and my current hard drive isn't large enough. I've wanted to start playing around with Linux for a while, and now I should be able to.

Edit: Also, my grandfather gave me his old slide rule he used when working as an engineer. That's the best gift I got this Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:09:38 PM by cosine »
Andy

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »
A couple of LED utility flashlights, so I can reserve my Surefire 6PLED for when I leave the house.

But, first & foremost I will have my 4" bbl 629-1 .44mag sent to the S&W factory for a high polish.

My 629 is my "Memorial" Gun" and will be my "BQ Gun," too.  I bought it with the few $$$ a grandmother left me and had a few hundred left over to customize it.  First, the polish (high bright stainless).  Kinda like this:

Second will be custom magna-shaped grips with either names or initials inlaid in gold of maternal & paternal grandfolks.  Last, will be a custom OWB holster with an ostentatious design: Old Glory or some such.  El Paso Sadddlery has a contender:

If I am feeling froggy, maybe an entire rig like the following:

Then my neices gushing over the pink tint pearl earings.  Convinced her to follow my lead and ditch the tramp clothing she was going to wear to lunch in favor of the ' librarian with a secret life ' that did her justice; and earned the looks of several cute waiters at supper.

Good on ya. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 09:41:47 PM »
Got one of them shiatsu plug in rolly back massage thingies. Works real, REAL goooood...  =D
Avoid cliches like the plague!

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »
We got lots of good grub and loot.

Me(the big items):
Craftsman router with stationary and plunge cut bases.
Handgun safe I can bolt under my drivers seat for those times I have to disarm to go inside somewhere.
Deep fryer.

Her:
One heck of a fancy watch that measures heart rate and has a pedometer and all kinds of functions.
A Silver necklace with two diamond specked strips intertwined, I told her the strips represented us and she loved that.
Lots of movies and music.
Some jumper cables for her to keep in her car.

I make fudge every year to give away to relatives and friends, this years flavors:
-Peanut Butter
-Lemon
-Butterscotch
-Cheesecake
-Chocolate Cherry
-Chili pepper
-Pistachio

Merry Christmas!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »

I got ammo, cash, booze and a couple DVD's.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 10:57:59 PM »
Nothing, but we're getting a new furnace and central air system next week.  =|

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »
Crackberry from the girlfriend, the addiction begins. Going to swap it tomorrow. For some reason there were no Verizon stores open tonight.   ???
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 11:57:27 PM »
Nothing for me, yet. Although we got a Wii a few weeks ago so we had something on which to gift our girls and get them more games and controllers etc. for today. And I obviously can and do play with that. Mrs. Dual and I do play Super Mario Wii, and the downloaded legacy versions for the original NES.

I got Mrs. Dual some camera gear, a better strap, duster/blower, and an IR shutter remote/release, which was a surprise, because we normally don't trade gifts, although I get her something every few years, like tickets to a musical etc.

I'll be getting some electronic earmuffs and some ESS shooting eyewear from my father and stepmother when we see them tomorrow. (they're kind of a "what do you want EXACTLY" side of the family.)  =D

I'll be getting a gift cert for Brownell's or Midway USA when I see my mother.

I promise not to duck.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 02:13:16 AM »
I don't know yet.

Got off @ 0730, went home and went to bed. Got up at 1530, made an apple pie, finished up Christmas dinner the wife started, ate, showered and left for work @ 1815. I think tomorrow will be open the packages day, while we
are eating left overs.

There is a Lee Anniversary press under there that I had her wrap.

bob

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 07:00:26 AM »
*Nikon DX 55-200 VR Zoom for my D40
Tom Tom XL GPS
*Skil cordless tool set (drill, jigsaw, sander, and flashlight)
Pair of cargo pants and 2 shirts
Deer Drive game for Wii
*Lee 4-20 bottom pour lead pot
cast iron grill pan

Books:
*Big Bore Sixguns by John Taffin (out of print and hard to find at a semi-reasonable price)
*Shotguns by Elmer Keith (out of print, but common)
Under the Dome by Stephen King
Scrapbook of family pics made by my wife

*items not directly given to me, but purchased with money given to me by family too far away to ship gifts.  Knowing this was the case, I ordered many of these items a few weeks before Christmas and my wife wrapped them to put under the tree. ;)

Chris