Author Topic: Australian Farmers Told to Dynamite Rabbits  (Read 12607 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Australian Farmers Told to Dynamite Rabbits
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 01:19:14 AM »
maybe we should just start the APS travel agency...

pirete hunting, clubbing and clubbing with baby seals, the centerlia package, austrialin bunny exploding and more.

all with acconmedations, activities and meals included. BYOG (although some packages will include access to class three, rare firearms and large ordinace)

=D

Ya know, you might be on to something.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 01:50:09 AM »
Rifles are definetly legal in Australia.  I'm sure you've got to jump through some hoops, but you can own firearms in AU.  I'm not sure on the exact restrictions, but I know that those Remington r-15 rifles are legal in AU, meaning AR15 mags must be legal too, at least in some capacity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCYyt_zY8Wk
Semi-automatic rifles, especially centerfire, and especially those that look even vaguely military, are a pain in the ass to get a license for. Same goes for pump & semi-automatic shotguns, which is why pump-action rifles and lever-action shotguns have gained some popularity there.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 04:48:51 AM »
I'll take care of their little rabbit problem.

But everyone better be ready for Hoosier Fried Rabbit restaurants the world over.

Serve Hassenpfeffer, too, and you've got a deal!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 06:21:09 AM »
Semi-automatic rifles, especially centerfire, and especially those that look even vaguely military, are a pain in the ass to get a license for. Same goes for pump & semi-automatic shotguns, which is why pump-action rifles and lever-action shotguns have gained some popularity there.

It's not just a pain - it's basically impossible in every jurisdiction. 

You need to prove some sort of need/reason to own a gun here.  If you have ranch property and permits for animal control, or hunting, that might do it.  Joining a shooting club and shooting a certain number of matches each year is another way to do it.  You need permission for every purchase, a licence to possess, and to meet safe storage and handling requirements.

But it is most definitely do-able.

Kangaroos are overpopulated too.  Rabbits scrub the earth clean, starving sheep and native fauna.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 06:36:12 AM »
It's not just a pain - it's basically impossible in every jurisdiction. 

You need to prove some sort of need/reason to own a gun here.  If you have ranch property and permits for animal control, or hunting, that might do it.  Joining a shooting club and shooting a certain number of matches each year is another way to do it.  You need permission for every purchase, a licence to possess, and to meet safe storage and handling requirements.

But it is most definitely do-able.

Kangaroos are overpopulated too.  Rabbits scrub the earth clean, starving sheep and native fauna.
Same here. Hunting is the easiest way, so I'm probably getting my licenses this summer or fall. As long as I don't have any unrealistic ideas (like getting a Springfield M1 as a moose gun for example, or trying to get more than six long guns for hunting) I'm OK. I can however get a Mini-14 for deer, or a 10/22 for small game if I want to. Wish the laws were better, but few if any politicians are interested in changing them. Afterall, somebody has to be the whipping boy for gun crime, and it's easier to go after hunters and sport shooters than it is to try to intercept AK-47's and handgrenades coming from Eastern Europe...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »
Yeah, the weird thing is that crime is generally low here anyway.  It was literally one massacre that led to the nationwide crackdown on gun ownership.  I doubt much has changed - there were very few homicides of any kind before the law, there are very few homicides of any kind now.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 08:03:41 AM »
why do you figure so many kill themselves?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 08:45:11 AM »
You mean over here? ???

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:02 AM »
in austrailia
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 12:03:38 PM »

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »
Tired of vegemite? =D

My father in law (from New Zealand) eats that stuff by the pound.  It's not that bad, but it isn't good.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 04:57:15 PM »
I like it, it's supposed to be very good for you but the Aussie propensity to put it on toast slathered with butter kind of negates the goodness effect.  :lol:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »
Tired of vegemite? =D

That's it....they need to round up the rabbits and make BUNNYMITE!....  :P
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 01:54:11 AM »

Poverty, isolation, and boredom in the outback.  There's a confronting loneliness out there.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 04:28:55 PM »
Took a bunch of my toys to the BACA International Conference this year, and was doing "show and tell" with our Aussie rep. He just kept shaking his head, saying "We're not allowed to have these"... >:D

And I hope they don't have an Aussie version of Bun Bun... ;)
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 06:15:14 PM »
Poverty, isolation, and boredom in the outback.  There's a confronting loneliness out there.

So....why can't we make the rabbits suicidal?..... ???
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »
So....why can't we make the rabbits suicidal?..... ???

10 billion bunnies can't get lonely?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

280plus

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
Ok, so we're talking a bunny shooting, pirate hunting and smoking hole seeing expedition for the first APS outing? Did I miss anything?  ???

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »
Ok, so we're talking a bunny shooting, pirate hunting and smoking hole seeing expedition for the first APS outing? Did I miss anything?  ???

No, I'd say that pretty much covers it. =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »

Don't forget the baby-seal-clubbin'....  :cool:

10 billion bunnies can't get lonely?

....or convert to Islamofascism?....

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2010, 11:21:54 PM »
you left out the swings through vegas and amsterdam [popcorn]

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 01:10:29 AM »
you left out the swings through vegas and amsterdam

*huh* wha?  Did I miss something?   ;/

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 06:36:06 AM »
*huh* wha?  Did I miss something?   ;/

DD

was a joke =|

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »

I say we take off and nuke it from orbit...
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

280plus

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 09:37:45 AM »
Well, at least now we know why they're recommending dynamite for them.  :O

:lol: