Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 732 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
What happened?
« on: June 03, 2022, 12:40:27 PM »
Someone unplug the server?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 12:49:56 PM »
One of the cross beams had gone out askew on the treadle.
7-11 was a part time job.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 01:21:47 PM »
Patience comes to he who waits. --Terry Wissermann, ca. 2003

Was about to start making inquiries about it, when lo, there it was again.

"One of the cross beams had gone out askew on the treadle." --Tuco, 2022

Good one. Like.  Will steal without giving you credit.  Problem with that?  Have your lawyer call my lawyer.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 06:00:31 PM »
One of the cross beams had gone out askew on the treadle.

The server is a sewing machine, makes sense to me.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 09:54:53 PM »
Someone unplug the server?

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT YOU AND DIDN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW,oop's I was shouting, notheing to do with forgetting my cap lock was on.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 09:55:58 PM »
Holy cow.  I haven't thought of treadle sewing machines in decades.  Pop bought one for Mom for the summer house out in Ronkonkoma Long Island.  It was a year or two before they brought power out to our area and Mom loved to sew.

I used to love poking around in and under it to observe all the complex actions.  I do believe that was what stimulated my interest in mechanics.   I was 9 or 10 and right around then Pop gave me an air compresssor to disassemble and reassemble and the reward in seeing it work after I put it all back together again stuck with me forever, yea, even unto today. I also remember my Mom getting annoyed at how dirty my hands got, yea, even unto today.

I suspect if it ever got that deep, a psychotherapist might conclude fantasize that my love of fixing stuff and getting my hands dirty was a subconscious payback to my mother.  Well, maybe, but I figure all psychotherapists have to be crazy in the first place to become psychotherapists.

Terry, 230RN

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 09:58:41 PM »
The server is a sewing machine, makes sense to me.

And here I though it was a bunch of drunken monkeys with abacuses
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 10:07:53 PM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 12:34:33 AM »
Holy cow.  I haven't thought of treadle sewing machines in decades.  Pop bought one for Mom for the summer house out in Ronkonkoma Long Island.  It was a year or two before they brought power out to our area and Mom loved to sew.

I used to love poking around in and under it to observe all the complex actions.  I do believe that was what stimulated my interest in mechanics.   I was 9 or 10 and right around then Pop gave me an air compresssor to disassemble and reassemble and the reward in seeing it work after I put it all back together again stuck with me forever, yea, even unto today. I also remember my Mom getting annoyed at how dirty my hands got, yea, even unto today.

I suspect if it ever got that deep, a psychotherapist might conclude fantasize that my love of fixing stuff and getting my hands dirty was a subconscious payback to my mother.  Well, maybe, but I figure all psychotherapists have to be crazy in the first place to become psychotherapists.

Terry, 230RN

I've got an old Singer shoe patch machine I use regularly that is on a treadle base. Great for light to medium weight leather and heavy canvas work. Gives me a heck of a leg workout on bigger projects.
Machine and base are cast iron, takes a minimum of two strong people to move it or take it apart and move it in pieces.
Similar to this one
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1wgblgt4l6o
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams