Author Topic: This Could Get Me to Vote For McCain  (Read 23517 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
This Could Get Me to Vote For McCain
« on: August 18, 2008, 05:22:07 AM »
I just read a news story on ANWR that mentioned Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is a potential running mate for McCain. I don't know a lot about her, but from what I've seen of her record (mostly from the "On the Issues" section of her website), she sure seems like an excellent choice, especially on gun rights issues. I think she'd balance McCain's "liberal look" for conservatives. Seems like she'd do well as second, and potentially first in command.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
Re: This Could Get Me to Vote For McCain
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:25:33 AM »
I seem to recall reading that she has some issues of her own to sort out that would make her a poor choice right now.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:36:12 AM »
Better than Duct Tape Tom. Tongue

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:38:19 AM »
This issue has been covered here, before, BTW.

But, in summary:

Those "issues" she has have to do with taking on the machine-Republicans in Alaska.

From what I have read of it, the kerfluffle makes me more positively disposed towards her.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:55:47 AM »
I seem to recall reading that she has some issues of her own to sort out that would make her a poor choice right now.
I thought it was something about allegedly getting a state trooper fired or something.  I know Bill Kristol has been advocating her.  I don't know much else about her.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:56:37 AM »
If she's as good as everyone says, then I don't want her to hitch her wagon to McCain.  Better that she run on her own, or at least under someone a little better than him.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 06:57:22 AM »
Does she come with matching Alaskan State Troopers? grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »
Does she come with matching Alaskan State Troopers? grin

There's just something about a woman in uniform.... angel
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »
There's just something about a woman abusing her office regarding men in uniform. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 09:41:47 AM »
I thought it was something about allegedly getting a state trooper fired or something.  I know Bill Kristol has been advocating her.  I don't know much else about her.

More info here:  http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=13862.0

Basically she is alleged to have wanted her ex-brother in law fired (after he tasered his 11-year old stepson, threatened her father and did some other stuff.  He was suspended for five days) - (edit) and fired one of his bosses when he refused the change the punishment. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »
Thanks for the link Agricola -- I had missed your original posting on the incident.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 12:06:20 PM »

More info here:  http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=13862.0

Basically she is alleged to have wanted her ex-brother in law fired (after he tasered his 11-year old stepson, threatened her father and did some other stuff.  He was suspended for five days) - (edit) and fired one of his bosses when he refused the change the punishment. 

agricola is spot on....she wanted the book thrown at her ne'er-do-well BIL & his Sooper Trooper buddies let him skate.....

Actually, she just had a baby who has Down's Syndrome. This is probably what will take her out of politics overall, much less the VP race.....  sad
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 07:20:19 PM »
Bogie,

Start making the Jindal/Palin 2012 stickers.........
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 10:45:38 PM »
Bogie,

Start making the Jindal/Palin 2012 stickers.........

Why not Palin/Jindal?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jimmy Dean

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:36 PM »
I will NOT vote for Jindal in a presidential race.

Do I think he would do a good job? 
Yeah

Do I think he will do a better job than any opponent?
Hell Yeah

Do I think he will do a better job than other reps?
Damn skippy

So why won't I vote for him?
BECAUSE WE NEED HIM HERE IN LOUISIANA VERY BADLY!!!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »

So why won't I vote for him?
BECAUSE WE NEED HIM HERE IN LOUISIANA VERY BADLY!!!

Jindal needs to be somewhere he can make a dent in gov't waste & corruption....and Lousiana is beyond hope.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »
At 2012 will Jindal just about finished with the amount of time he could serve as La's governor?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »
"Jindal voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, and the Real ID Act of 2005."

Bleh...more of the same...
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »
"Jindal voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, and the Real ID Act of 2005."

Sounds like a real modern-day Republican to me. grin
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 09:22:32 AM »
I would rather Jindal show what he can do in Louisiana before moving to the federal level.  I don't want a Republican version of Obama. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

agricola

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »
How long has Limbaugh been agitating for Palin to get on the ticket?

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 07:53:49 AM »
How long has Limbaugh been agitating for Palin to get on the ticket?

Limbaugh hasn't been agitating for anyone.  He's been agitating against a few particularly left-leaning possibilities, though.

Archie

• friend
  • Galactic Effectuator
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
I'm curious.

A 'proper' vice presidential nominee would get you to vote for Senator McCain, but taxes and Supreme Court Justices won't?

Senator McCain is not my first choice for President.  I think he's number four or so.  Still, he's way ahead of either Senators Obama or Clinton. 

The next President will be either the Republican or Democrat nominee.  That is the functional limit of choices.  So who do you want, or more accurately, which do you not like the least?
As long as the citizens of the United States own and keep personal weapons, we can argue about all the other issues that concern us.  The instant we lose the ability to keep weapons, our masters will decide all those other issues for us.

taurusowner

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »
It's like going to a restaurant and ordering something that isn't on the menu.  It doesn't really matter what you truly want.  You're either going to get something that's on the menu, or nothing.  In the case of the Presidential election, you're either going to get McCain or Obama.  Asking for Ron Paul or anyone else voids your request.  Either pick the one you like best(or hate least) or don't pick at all.  But the illusion that asking for something not offered will get you anywhere is absurd.

Either order something that's on the menu or the libs will order for you.  And you won't like what they do.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 11:08:50 PM »
Jeez, the favored nominees--Romney, whats-his-face from Pennsylvania--how boring can these guys get?  Dull and duller.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.