Author Topic: This Could Get Me to Vote For McCain  (Read 23514 times)

KBHeiner7

Re: This Could Get Me to Vote For McCain
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2008, 06:45:40 PM »
Jeez, the favored nominees--Romney, whats-his-face from Pennsylvania--how boring can these guys get?  Dull and duller.

Romney has two good points; 1. He knows economics,
                                            2. He's more conservative, and McCain *seems* willing to listen some... undecided

He also wants out of the UN.   smiley

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2008, 06:52:25 PM »
Jeez, the favored nominees--Romney, whats-his-face from Pennsylvania--how boring can these guys get?  Dull and duller.

2. He's more conservative, and McCain *seems* willing to listen some... undecided

Can you prove this statement? I'm not arguing, but it's hard for me to associate Romney with anti-UN stuff.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

onebigelf

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008, 04:34:44 AM »
At this point I don't know which way I'll go until sometime in November. Part of me wants to slow the sinking and vote for McCain, part of me wants to "turn the switch", let Obama win and let the country go to hell in a handbasket for four years in hopes voters will swing well to the right the next time around. Either way, I figure it's my vote to do with as I wish.

Heller was 5-4. Obama will appoint hardcore lefties to the Supreme Court.
The only reason to hope Obama wins is that he'll screw things up so badly he - and a LOT of Dems - will get the boot in 4 years and we'll get another Reagan.

ARE there any Reagans in the GOP?

Would the RINO-infested GOP ever tolerate another Reagan?

Would a GOP-dominated legislature operate as it did with Newt, or go back to being Democrat Lite as it was during the first six years of W's presidency?

McCain may - operative word, may - appoint moderate justices in the Anthony Kennedy mold. Not what we'd want, but McCain won't appoint anyone who'd would vote to overturn McCain-Feingold, and even another Anthony Kennedy would be a net gain if he replaced Souter, Ginsberg, Stevens, or Breyer.

Barack Hussein Obama would nominate justices that make Ginsberg look like Ann Coulter. ( And if that was literal as well as political . . . shocked  )

That damage would not be easily repaired, and could last for decades.

Either way, we are so screwed . . .  sad

Get involved.  Find out where and when your local Republican Executive Committee meets and go.  Join.  You'll probably find that many or most of the committee are pretty conservative.  If they aren't then your voice needs to be heard even more.  I joined my committee.  I work for conservative candidates and find that my schedule doesn't permit me to donate time for the RINO's.  We have 3 conservative candidates running for County Commission in November with good chances to win.  It would be our first conservative, fiscally responsible commission majority in my lifetime.  And my Republican US representative (who got an A-, not bad) now takes my calls.  Get involved.

John

oldfart

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 09:11:02 AM »
Early in the campaign I decided I would not support McCain, preferring Ron Paul over any or all of the candidates.  When they started dropping by the wayside, finally leaving only McCain standing, I chose to write in my choice rather than vote for the lesser of two evils.

Enter Sarah Palin.

She isn't running for President... yet!  But she's just about what we need as a President and in a few years, after learning her way around D.C. she may very well be ready for the job.  First though, she has to survive this election.  If the McCain/Palin ticket dies on the vine she will slide into the same oblivion that all other losing Vice Presidential candidates have found and we will have lost a chance to pull America out of its nose-dive.

So I intend to vote for Palin and "Ol' Whazzizname" as an investment in the future of America.  I urge others to do the same.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »
Would the RINO-infested GOP ever tolerate another Reagan?

Always remember a lot of the GOP leadership fought hard against the real Reagan. And against Goldwater.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

KBHeiner7

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »

Can you prove this statement? I'm not arguing, but it's hard for me to associate Romney with anti-UN stuff.

http://www.reliablepolitics.com/2007/10/romney-un-failure.html

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »
Withdrawing from the UNHC is not, unfortunately, the same as 'Get US Out.'

But the sentiment is indeed admirable.