Author Topic: Here it comes....  (Read 16778 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Here it comes....
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2011, 12:12:31 PM »
Mad Ogre offers this: "You know, we have a lot of people in Federal Offices, and Judges.  Do you know all of them?  Can you recognize them all 300 yards away?  I know I can’t.  So when Representative King in New York, a Republican mind you, says that he’s introducing legislation... well... here.  Check this out.  This is a hard thing to make work.   I know all of us are Good Law Abiding Subjects and none of us want to break the Law.  So how do we know who these judges are from a distance?  To prevent this bill from creating hundreds of thousands of new criminals every day, I have a couple suggestions.  First, each Federal Judge must wear a large bright green foam rubber cowboy hat.  This makes them visible from 300 yards away.   “But what if they are in a crowd or something?”  That’s a good question.  They must also carry with them a bunch of helium balloons.  This why all members of congress and judges can be seen from 300 yards away and anyone with a gun on them can easily avoid them.  I think this is an elegant solution to a serious problem.  I also suggest carpooling for Congress and the Judges, because this 300 yard rule doesn't just end at the curb... and they want to go green, so it needs to be an economical car, right?"
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2011, 01:13:36 PM »
Mad Ogre offers this: "You know, we have a lot of people in Federal Offices, and Judges.  Do you know all of them?  Can you recognize them all 300 yards away?  I know I can’t.  So when Representative King in New York, a Republican mind you, says that he’s introducing legislation... well... here.  Check this out.  This is a hard thing to make work.   I know all of us are Good Law Abiding Subjects and none of us want to break the Law.  So how do we know who these judges are from a distance?  To prevent this bill from creating hundreds of thousands of new criminals every day, I have a couple suggestions.  First, each Federal Judge must wear a large bright green foam rubber cowboy hat.  This makes them visible from 300 yards away.   “But what if they are in a crowd or something?”  That’s a good question.  They must also carry with them a bunch of helium balloons.  This why all members of congress and judges can be seen from 300 yards away and anyone with a gun on them can easily avoid them.  I think this is an elegant solution to a serious problem.  I also suggest carpooling for Congress and the Judges, because this 300 yard rule doesn't just end at the curb... and they want to go green, so it needs to be an economical car, right?"

I c wut u did ther - or rather, what M.O. did.  =D

Do they need to wear big floppy shoes and red rubber noses, too?   Hey, I just realized something - that'd be truth in advertising, wouldn't it? :lol:

"How many Congresspeople can you fit into a car?" :laugh:

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »
42 :laugh:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
Wilkow made a prediction that after all the crap being done in Giffords name, should she make a full recovery, she'll likely go (I) or (R).

I guess what I find the most contemputous (sic) of the whole thing, is how quickly they unshelved the gun control stuff. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2011, 10:01:21 PM »
contemputous (sic)

(sic) does not mean what you think it means, unless you were quoting that spelling from someone else I have yet to find.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)