Author Topic: Obama's short notice speech tonight @10:50Eastern OSAMA DEAD!  (Read 20703 times)

Laurent du Var

• friends
Re: Obama's short notice speech tonight @10:50Eastern OSAMA DEAD!
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 02:31:25 AM »
I rarely drink on a work night. But I've got a glass of my best vodka in my hand...

Here's to the men who served up justice on behalf of America.
Here's to those who lost their lives in pursuit of that same justice.
And, finally, here's to those who died at the hands of Bin Laden and his thugs, for whom this task was undertaken. Rest a bit easier...

Thank you, America.
My hat is off and my glass is raised.
Since all good things go by three, move on to Tripoli
and rid us from the other airplane terrorist!
To support your economy I'll spend my next vacation in Florida!
(Ok, ok - I'll have fun there, too.....  =D)

Congratulations.
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
Wake up you sleepyhead
Rub your eyes,
Get out of bed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

Ding dong the wicked witch is dead.
7-11 was a part time job.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 07:45:49 AM »
They are reading Pakistan's official statement now.

Basically all BS, about how many they have lost, etc.

Funny how OBL's compound was sitting close to a Pakistani military facility, and they never saw it.

One down, many to go.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:25 AM »
How interesting: Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Official-Bin-Laden-buried-at-sea-1361341.php#ixzz1LCCLphzH

I am sure someone was also thinking about not having a gravesite for pilgrimages and such.  Good call.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
I am sure someone was also thinking about not having a gravesite for pilgrimages and such.  Good call.

I can't remember which news site, but that was specifically mentioned as a reason why they fed him to the fishes.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 08:09:33 AM »
How interesting: Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Official-Bin-Laden-buried-at-sea-1361341.php#ixzz1LCCLphzH

I am sure someone was also thinking about not having a gravesite for pilgrimages and such.  Good call.

Yep.  For once, I'm impressed by the Obama administration. I didn't think they had the balls.  
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 09:54:22 AM »
I didn't think they had the balls.

Oh, they have balls alright, just not for international confrontations. This time they treated the operation like Chicago politics, and all went well.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 09:54:43 AM »
Credit where it is due. He grew a set, sent in the seals, and they gave him a bullet in the head. They then took glo back for id and tossed him overboard. no drones no pretty please just good old got you now.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:12 AM »
I think that a well-known grave-site would have been perfect.

I envision a sniper with pictures of the top 100 terrorists, and plenty of ammunition.

You could pick off the visitors very easily, once identified.....

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:56 AM »
It's always good when bad men die, when justice is served. Will it change anything about this 1400-year war or about the next Election?  No.  OBL is a footnote in the real conflict, and the guy drinking in a bar who lost his factory job isn't going to give a damn a year from now.  That said, props to the good men in our military who have to operate in a murky regime.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Read the following at:
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/266195/memoriam-john-derbyshire

Vengeance is the Lord's.
A good Christian would forgive.
Guess I'm just okay.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
KSM claimed that a nuclear bomb was in place somewhere in Europe, to be detonated if OBL was taken or killed.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/140067/20110502/osama-bin-laden-dead-will-al-qaeda-detonate-nuclear-bomb-now.htm
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
By November 2012 this will be a meaningless blip in Obama's record.

nope  sadly nope

Yup.  Happily yup.  ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »
When you find a rotting carcass in town, you call the sanitation department to clean it up. It's an unpleasant, time-consuming and sometimes expensive task, but it must be done in the community interests of avoiding disease, etc.

I don't celebrate a dead dog, but I respect and appreciate a workmanlike effort in removing a demonstrated hazard.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
KSM claimed that a nuclear bomb was in place somewhere in Europe, to be detonated if OBL was taken or killed.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/140067/20110502/osama-bin-laden-dead-will-al-qaeda-detonate-nuclear-bomb-now.htm

Bluff.  If they had it, does anyone think they'd really sit on it and risk it being discovered?  No.  A nuke, you detonate as soon as its in place. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »
Oh, and let there be irony
(For the record, though, I am against "enhanced interrogation", especially waterboarding)

BHO spoke at length as a candidate about being against torture....er....enhanced interrogation.  Sure didn't stop him from using the intelligence gained from it!  Its being reported that the name of one of OBL's couriers was gained when KSM was "interrogated".  That person was tracked down, then "interrogated".  This is what led to the location of OBL.
Irony, much?
JD

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Bluff.  If they had it, does anyone think they'd really sit on it and risk it being discovered?  No.  A nuke, you detonate as soon as its in place. 

Also most small MIRV/Artillery sized devices that are readily transportable usually have a tritium supply to provide a secondary fusion source to create supplemental neutrons to get more complete fissioning of the sub-critical plutonium core to give the weapon an enhanced yield in relationship to it's size.

That tritium has a half-life of roughly 12.5 years... And since this nuke is presumably a post-Soviet warhead that "got lost in the shuffl"e with who knows how much maintenance, if any, for how long... It might not have even been a viable device if/when AlQueida obtained it in the first place.
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:24 PM »
I heard on the radio that GHWB, W's dad, was at 90% approval around this time in his administration after Gulf War I.  Yet, he managed to lose.

BHO is going to have to keep working the fundamentals to get re-elected.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »
I heard on the radio that GHWB, W's dad, was at 90% approval around this time in his administration after Gulf War I.  Yet, he managed to lose.

BHO is going to have to keep start working the fundamentals to get re-elected.

FTFY
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Lee

• friend
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2011, 06:48:52 PM »
Kudos deserved for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86IpU3g-S8Q

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
BHO spoke at length as a candidate about being against torture....er....enhanced interrogation.  Sure didn't stop him from using the intelligence gained from it!  Its being reported that the name of one of OBL's couriers was gained when KSM was "interrogated".  That person was tracked down, then "interrogated".  This is what led to the location of OBL.
Irony, much?

Obama is down with torture when it leads to political victory.  He has a problem with torture when it doesn't serve to get him re-elected or remove his political enemies. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:36 PM »
I am sure someone was also thinking about not having a gravesite for pilgrimages and such.  Good call.

I agree

But I can see the compound were he was killed, becoming a shrine for pilgrimages ! :facepalm:

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »
BHO spoke at length as a candidate about being against torture....er....enhanced interrogation.  Sure didn't stop him from using the intelligence gained from it!  Its being reported that the name of one of OBL's couriers was gained when KSM was "interrogated".  That person was tracked down, then "interrogated".  This is what led to the location of OBL.
Irony, much?

And AG Holder was going to prosecute some of the same CIA agents whose interrogation led to bin Laden's location.

As for this helping Obama in 2012, that's 18 months away, an eternity in politics. If the economy isn't going well by then, he's in trouble.

Obama is down with torture when it leads to political victory.  He has a problem with torture when it doesn't serve to get him re-elected or remove his political enemies.

As Seth Meyers joked at the press corps dinner, the only candidate who can beat Obama in 2012 is candidate Obama of 2008.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »
Not quite true.  He had to sign off on it, due to EO on assassinations and also on the military operation being in Pakistan.  He didn't screw it up.  That is worthy of respect, regardless of what you think of the man otherwise.

No person is all good or all bad.  One can acknowledge a positive aspect, with or without saying that otherwise he is reprehensible.

Yep, after some thought, I do have to give Obama some credit, he actually did act Presidential for once and signed off on an operation that helped our country. I've just become jaded and cynical because its appeared to me that his presidency has been about vacations/basketball brackets/golf/vacations/talk shows/hanging out with celebrities/vacations rather than ever taking into account that he's responsible for running the country.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama