Author Topic: Moore OK man beaten to death by cops  (Read 17543 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Moore OK man beaten to death by cops
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »
http://newsok.com/update-man-dies-friday-night-while-being-handcuffed-at-moore-theater/article/3934187

Hard to know what really happened. Not clear from any article I can find if he was already in handcuffs when the lethal blows were delivered, or if he got hurt prior to being restrained. Supposedly cell phone video which the cops are not releasing. I'll need to see the video to know exactly what happened.

ETA: and 2 of the 5 guys involved were off duty game wardens? WTH?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Moore OK man beaten to death by cops
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:11:13 PM »
Sounds like these were mall ninjas, some of whom were off duty cops. http://themooredaily.com/news/mother-daughter-talk-about-warren-theater-tragedy

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:38:06 PM »
Obviously the guy had it coming or the cops wouldn't have needed to "tune him up" [/csd]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:12:06 PM »
Not even close to enough info in that article to try and figure out what happened.

Regardless it's a tragic for the family.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 03:15:18 AM »
In the first interviews I saw the family story skipped over what happened between the cops asking for id and to them rolling him over dead. Atvthe time I found that curious.  Apparently the narrative has been revised

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »
Moore tragedy.  Aren't F5 tornadoes enough?   :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
At least it wasn't another fatal atomic wedgie.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »
I agree that there is not enough information.  I would expect there were more witnesses also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 05:41:01 PM »
I agree that there is not enough information.  I would expect there were more witnesses also.

i would love to see video
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »
Moore tragedy.  Aren't F5 tornadoes enough?   :facepalm:

Same parking lot, too.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 11:00:28 AM »
i would love to see video
as long as it isn't one of those heavily edited versions. 

One reason I hate TV news media sometimes.  They will talk for several minutes about a controversial video, but can't bring themselves to show more than a few seconds of material that fites the narrative.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »
One reason I hate TV news media sometimes.  They will talk for several minutes about a controversial video, but can't bring themselves to show more than a few seconds of material that fites the narrative.

Why would they report the truth, or show the truth on video, when they can spin it and/or outright lie in order to push their opinion?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »
Not getting much play in the rest of the state.

I suspect this will get more air time ove here on the east side
http://www.newson6.com/story/24774733/chouteau-man-suffered-head-injury-leaning-out-of-moving-car
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
Is he going to pay for the mail box  ???   :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 12:23:31 AM »
Is he going to pay for the mail box  ???   :P

I think you mean, is the mail box's owner going to be sued, for putting it in his way?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »
I can tell you from experience, that if your attempt to arrest someone for D&D ends up with the subject dead, you have some way, somehow royally screwed the pooch.

Unless this "investigation" results in charges being filed against the officer(s) involved, it's a whitewashing, not an investigation. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »
I can tell you from experience, that if your attempt to arrest someone for D&D ends up with the subject dead, you have some way, somehow royally screwed the pooch.

Unless this "investigation" results in charges being filed against the officer(s) involved, it's a whitewashing, not an investigation. 

how many folks dying while being arrested did you experience?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »
I'm wondering, but will probably never know, if he was hogtied.  Looked like a pretty heavy-set person, which body-type does not breathe well in hogtied restraint.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »
I'm wondering, but will probably never know, if he was hogtied.  Looked like a pretty heavy-set person, which body-type does not breathe well in hogtied restraint.

yea.  even untied someone on your back can fubar you particularly if your breathing is otherwise compromised

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »
how many folks dying while being arrested did you experience?

And what conclusion would you draw from "few/none" answer?  From a "many/lots" answer?

I don't think this is one of those metrics where a larger number is indicative of mastery of craft/technique.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
And what conclusion would you draw from "few/none" answer?  From a "many/lots" answer?

I don't think this is one of those metrics where a larger number is indicative of mastery of craft/technique.
i was thinking it was indicative of experience. since he was saying "let me tell you from experience"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 12:26:20 PM »
i was thinking it was indicative of experience. since he was saying "let me tell you from experience"

So having killed someone is the only valid experience for an opinion on a homicide  ???

Lots of judges and juries are DQ'ed  :P

• friends
Re:
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »
Are judges and jurys claiming to have experience?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 03:52:59 PM »
That "experience" could be from prosecuting the arresting officer (like that ever happens) or from being said officer's supervisor.

Or maybe he used "experience" a little loosely, and he's talking about arresting multiple D&D's *without* killing them in the process.

Question for C&SD:
Just curious:  if it was "Sheriff Joe" that killed an arrestee, and that's all the facts-not-in-dispute that we had, would it still be justified?
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 04:14:58 PM »
That "experience" could be from prosecuting the arresting officer (like that ever happens) or from being said officer's supervisor.

Or maybe he used "experience" a little loosely, and he's talking about arresting multiple D&D's *without* killing them in the process.

Question for C&SD:
Just curious:  if it was "Sheriff Joe" that killed an arrestee, and that's all the facts-not-in-dispute that we had, would it still be justified?

things can go south real fast in a struggle.

and at this point without seeing video sheriff joe would get a pass. not enough info yet.not all the folks joes minions killed were crimes. just a bit over the average.and once that happens folks look at all the dead folks with more suspicion