Author Topic: 300k more Central American illegals on the way  (Read 11176 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: 300k more Central American illegals on the way
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »
Did you get upset when the Bosnian Refugees came here? Did you get upset with the Ugandans? How about the Hmongs?
Don't forget the Irish. And there were terrorists amongst them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 04:45:06 PM »
I do not blame the illegals, anymore than I blame people on welfare- they are responding in a logical way to the incentives granted them.

I do blame those who offered those incentives.  

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
Were tens of millions of them coming into the country illegally?

No, only because there was an ocean between us and them.  Having to swim thousands of miles tends to slow down the rate of entry.

Chris

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »
No, only because there was an ocean between us and them.  Having to swim thousands of miles tends to slow down the rate of entry.

Chris

Kind of my point. This is different from previous mass immigration for any number of reasons, but that's one of them.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »
If I were "doing it on my own" I would want to go to the border so I could collect information on what I'm dealing with.

Not necessary, he already got it off of CNN.

Obama is now claiming that most of the children will be deported.  Might be tough to wiggle out of that one when it doesn't happen.  On the other hand, by the time their deportation hearings roll around, 90% of those kids might then be adults.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 06:01:32 PM »
Obama is now claiming that most of the children will be deported. Might be tough to wiggle out of that one when it doesn't happen.

Won't matter; it will be "in the works" until he's long gone.

On the other hand, by the time their deportation hearings roll around, 90% of those kids might then be adults elderly.

FIFY

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 06:22:15 PM »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »
I really wish that was available digitally.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »
I really wish that was available digitally.

Why not a hard copy?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 06:58:37 PM »
Why not a hard copy?

Costs more, my bookshelves are full, and I like reading on the Kindle app for my phone while waiting on elevators and such.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »
Why? What if they're robbing you to get bread for their family?

Not the same. Being on one side of the line, and then moving to the other isn't the same as robbing someone.

Were tens of millions of them coming into the country illegally?

Tens of milloins over how long of a time?

Costs more, my bookshelves are full, and I like reading on the Kindle app for my phone while waiting on elevators and such.

Must be a fast reader to get any reading done on an elevator. :O
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »
Not the same. Being on one side of the line, and then moving to the other isn't the same as robbing someone.

It isn't robbery, but it is a mala in se crime.

Tens of milloins over how long of a time?

I don't think any previous mass migration has had the numbers of this one, which doesn't even take into account the differing conditions of the country then and now.

Must be a fast reader to get any reading done on an elevator. :O

Paragraph here, paragraph there it all adds up.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »
It isn't robbery, but it is a mala in se crime.

Is it now?

Paragraph here, paragraph there it all adds up.

I just can't enjoy a book like that. If I'm going to read I need to have at least an hour or two for it that way I can really get engrossed in it.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »
Is it now?

Yes. The citizens of a nation own it, and they have every bit as much right to control their borders as you have to control your domicile.

I just can't enjoy a book like that. If I'm going to read I need to have at least an hour or two for it that way I can really get engrossed in it.

Certainly preferable, but I've got two kids so I take what I can get.  ;)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 10:13:50 PM »
Secure the borders and let immigrants in an orderly fashion with at least a minimum of vetting.

Letting anyone just waltz across our border is just begging for troubles and complications.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 11:04:32 PM »
Secure the borders and let immigrants in an orderly fashion with at least a minimum of vetting.

Letting anyone just waltz across our border is just begging for troubles and complications.

If I have to go through a written and practical test to get a drivers license, and a class and background check to get a CCW permit or a background check to buy a gun, they ought to be going through a lawful process to get into this country.

I do say the road to citizenship needs to be reformed, but letting hundreds of thousands of illegals in in a huge chunk and then millions more in over the years and then giving them all amnesty and citizenship is the dumbest *expletive deleted*ing idea ever floated...unless are a democrat looking to gain another group of people that votes 99% of the time for your party and shows blind allegiance...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: 300k more Central American illegals on the way
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:22 AM »
They should have done so months ago. One big problem: What would the rules of engagement be?

Question: Why is the invasion influx concentrated on Arizona and Texas? New Mexiso sits right between them, and Ciudad Juarez is very close to the Mexican side. Why aren't we seeing/hearing reports of hordes crossing into NM?
Too many folks of mexican descent in nm from the get go as a state with retarded economic development relative to ca az and tx. 

Illegals are rather desperate to escape places that have developed along the mexican model.

Shorter version...new mexico is too similar to old mexico to be worth the trip.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: 300k more Central American illegals on the way
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 12:53:33 AM »
Wrt all the "what about the xyz illegals" questions send them all back.   And all the thrice damned scheming "refugees" in the refugee racket. 

Recall the refugee racket is how the tsarnaevs got to the states.  They were not in danger because their dads political gangster patron run the dung heap.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Re: 300k more Central American illegals on the way
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
Wrt all the "what about the xyz illegals" questions send them all back.   And all the thrice damned scheming "refugees" in the refugee racket. 

Recall the refugee racket is how the tsarnaevs got to the states.  They were not in danger because their dads political gangster patron run the dung heap.

Sarcasm or bigotry?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »
Just to say it, I don't want the national guard or the army on the border until the ROE's allow them to shoot people and destroy things.  Otherwise, all you will end up with is military personnel being arrested and tried and I don't want to see that.  Seriously, we even tried some border partrol agents for shooting a fleeing drug runner in the behind.  

The problem with the border is NOT that the people don't want border security, the problem is that too many businesses and interests are profiting off cheap labor such that politicians won't take action except to try to reign in any attempt at actual enforcement.  I think most voters want border security despite all the emotional arguments, but everyone realizes most of the politicians won't push for it honestly so they don't know what can be done.  

I caught a few minutes of Mark Levin's show last night and he talked a little about Operation Wetback back in the Eisenhower Presidency.  He said the same thing was happenning.  He had to put a general in charge who was a friend and had a direct line to his office in order to get someone in charge who wasn't subject to political influence.  I think he said they deported 50,000 and an estimated 500,000 left on their own.  I think he said they were deporting them much much further South into Mexico also.  I bet their deportation procedure was a lot quicker and easier also.  I can't imagine what sort of hoops the authorities have to jump through to deport someone today.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »
Why? What if they're robbing you to get bread for their family?

I respectfully disagree. The illegal adults are robbing jobs and income that American citizens and legal residents could use. The illegal aliens send a HUGE proportion of the money they earn here back to their family in the home country, thereby draining the U.S. economy rather than circulating the money here and stimulating the economy. And both the adults and the children take advantage of taxpayer-supported services such as education and medical care to which they have not contributed and to which they have no legal right.

To put it bluntly, they're robbing us into the poorhouse ... they're just not doing it at gunpoint (yet).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »
I watched a documentary the other day about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and what would happen if the same magnitude were to hit today.  One thing I took away from it was after the 1906 quake there was a strong push to keep the Chinese out but they were some of the only ones to actually rebuild quicker and better than others.  Not sure of what all the particulars were but that seems to be the difference from past is that those that were choosing to come here actually wanted to contribute to society and not be sponges.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 10:37:56 AM »
Not sure of what all the particulars were but that seems to be the difference from past is that those that were choosing to come here actually wanted to contribute to society and not be sponges.

One of the changes is that in the past, they didn't have entitlements thrown at them. I'm much less concerned with illegals that come here to work, whether over or under the table than I am with those that come here specifically to get on the multi-generational  entitlement gravy train. Banning entitlements to non-citizens (outside of emergency services) would be a good start to immigration reform.  Doing what many countries that are considered more progressive and enlightened than the US, like Australia and New Zealand do, and requiring people to have a job or else show they have enough money to support themselves, would be another good reform as long as the path to citizenship is streamlined.

I have a friend from Canada that has been struggling to stay in the country even though she has the proper visas AND has a job. She was working as a contractor doing scientific work for the .gov in my office before I left, and as soon as her contract was up, immigration was already on her telling her she had to go back to Canada unless she got another job in 30 days (she did, a crummy one, but it was enough to keep her here while she looks for something in her area of expertise). Somehow they have the resources to keep tabs on an individual (she had to report in person to immigration at the Tijuana border on a regular basis) that came here specifically to be productive, but ignore people coming here to be leeches.

You'll find that some of the people who hate the southern border situation the most are the people who stood in line (sometimes for years, like my parents) to come here the legal way. Kinda like when someone cuts to the front of the line at Walmart and pays with EBT while you're standing at the back of the line with cash.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »
^^^Sounds suspiciously like selective enforcement, biased in precisely the wrong direction, no?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »

I respectfully disagree. The illegal adults are robbing jobs and income that American citizens and legal residents could use. The illegal aliens send a HUGE proportion of the money they earn here back to their family in the home country, thereby draining the U.S. economy rather than circulating the money here and stimulating the economy. And both the adults and the children take advantage of taxpayer-supported services such as education and medical care to which they have not contributed and to which they have no legal right.

To put it bluntly, they're robbing us into the poorhouse ... they're just not doing it at gunpoint (yet).

Illegals consuming medical that no one pays for is a massive problem in the border states. Hospitals have gone under because of it, I believe.