Author Topic: The Women's March on Washington  (Read 11002 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Women's March on Washington
« on: January 20, 2017, 09:12:25 AM »
This "Women's march on Washington" is cracking me up. So far they have banned any pro-life women from marching with them, and they are also complaining that not enough men have signed up for it. They are also now getting complaints that there are too many white women. They also left Hillary off their "honoree list". :)

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/01/19/whos-ready-for-more-womens-march-unity-addhername-campaign-wants-hillary-added-as-honoree/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: The Women's March on Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
This "Women's march on Washington" is cracking me up. So far they have banned any pro-life women from marching with them, and they are also complaining that not enough men have signed up for it. They are also now getting complaints that there are too many white women. They also left Hillary off their "honoree list". :)

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/01/19/whos-ready-for-more-womens-march-unity-addhername-campaign-wants-hillary-added-as-honoree/

Ladies and gentleman: the left, where every day is another contest over who is the most oppressed.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:54:06 AM »
Twitchy also had a page the other day about the Gals' March being all accepting and inclusive of Muslim chicks. Because feminism.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »
One of my wife's friends is going.  They are/were raising money to build a giant puppet:

https://www.gofundme.com/phoenixpuppet

???

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
I worked downtown at hotels through a bunch of women's marches. It's like a giant hen party. A chance to shop booze and get some strange .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 07:15:54 PM »
Several customers are going and one Anatolian person I know is as well, although she is doing so reluctantly.

The Anatolian person posted to FB not that long ago that while she is going, if it starts getting nasty she is leaving. She's all activisty and on the left side of the political spectrum and even she doesn't trust this thing to stay peaceful.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 08:29:50 PM »
Dana Loesch has sensibly asked, "Who will make the sammitches?"

castle key

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 11:59:37 AM »
I have enjoyed the braying from the left about how bold these women are. They are facing certain beatings by the state, tear gassing, and incarceration.

My liberal Facebook friends exchange recipes for magical cocktails to remedy the effects of tear gas, recommend Sharpie-ing the phone number of the National Lawyers Guild on an arm, and preparing for a long weekend in DC Central Cell Block because the police will simply round up hundreds without probable cause because of oppression.

So let's break this down a bit....

Tear gas. Really the only way to deal with this is to use a mask... not a paper dust thingy, a gas mask. But if you don't have one, you probably will not die. You will feel crappy with a runny nose and burny eyes, but you WILL NOT FACE THE END OF HUMANITY. And further, the last time tear gas was used in DC was November 1977 when a visit from the Shah of Iran got ugly.

Sharpie numbers on the arm. This certainly makes you look like a bad ^$$ professional protester, but when I see the hausfrau sporting this badge of honor, I always recommend that when they get home they visit a doctor because the Sharpie contains Xylene, and they will probably suffer awful illness.

Ah the DC Central Cell Block! So the aforementioned believe that this is the place to show solidarity and is a ticket to punch for demo credibility. The "protesters" are simply lumped in with the usual crack heads, robbers, disorderlies, shooters, and various ne'er do wells locked up on the average weekend. This will not result in a Nobel Prize for "Letters from the DC Central Cell Block."

And if you think you will get locked up today to prove your worth as a demonstrator, you may be disappointed. The average cop in DC worked about 16-20 hours yesterday and is pretty tired. You will need to pretty much commit Murder1 While Armed to get arrested.

I eagerly await my liberal friends' tales of heroism for standing so boldly against "the man" in the face of grave danger.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »
Maybe you guys should set up a booth and charge a dollar per bop in the head with the billy club and ten bucks per tase. That way they can get an injury worthy of a "real protester" and you guys can make some cash.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 03:48:35 PM »
Ladies and gentleman: the left, where every day is another contest over who is the most oppressed.

My God, that's absolutely fantastic.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »
I have enjoyed the braying from the left about how bold these women are. They are facing certain beatings by the state, tear gassing, and incarceration.

My liberal Facebook friends exchange recipes for magical cocktails to remedy the effects of tear gas, recommend Sharpie-ing the phone number of the National Lawyers Guild on an arm, and preparing for a long weekend in DC Central Cell Block because the police will simply round up hundreds without probable cause because of oppression.

So let's break this down a bit....

Tear gas. Really the only way to deal with this is to use a mask... not a paper dust thingy, a gas mask. But if you don't have one, you probably will not die. You will feel crappy with a runny nose and burny eyes, but you WILL NOT FACE THE END OF HUMANITY. And further, the last time tear gas was used in DC was November 1977 when a visit from the Shah of Iran got ugly.

Sharpie numbers on the arm. This certainly makes you look like a bad ^$$ professional protester, but when I see the hausfrau sporting this badge of honor, I always recommend that when they get home they visit a doctor because the Sharpie contains Xylene, and they will probably suffer awful illness.

Ah the DC Central Cell Block! So the aforementioned believe that this is the place to show solidarity and is a ticket to punch for demo credibility. The "protesters" are simply lumped in with the usual crack heads, robbers, disorderlies, shooters, and various ne'er do wells locked up on the average weekend. This will not result in a Nobel Prize for "Letters from the DC Central Cell Block."

And if you think you will get locked up today to prove your worth as a demonstrator, you may be disappointed. The average cop in DC worked about 16-20 hours yesterday and is pretty tired. You will need to pretty much commit Murder1 While Armed to get arrested.

I eagerly await my liberal friends' tales of heroism for standing so boldly against "the man" in the face of grave danger.
I bet it's like an invasion of white people.
My favorite joke about northwest one was when I heard " hey white boy!" I knew they were talking to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »
I'd really love to know what the average annual income is for these downtrodden women who are marching in Washington today.

I bet it's not poverty level.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
I'd really love to know what the average annual income is for these downtrodden women who are marching in Washington today.

I bet it's not poverty level.

Agreed. And didn't they claim they'd have a million of them, yet again?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »
So Madonna is bragging that she "thought about" blowing up the White House? Is that still racist? Because I'm pretty sure it was racist about two days ago.  ???

Trump really lucked out there, of course. Madonna the covert demolitions expert...

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

castle key

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 11:11:09 PM »
Madonna used rather crude language. Many of the signs were really crude. A lot of the props and costumes were quite crude.

All to protest stuff that is crude.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 11:32:47 PM »
See progress...
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
Okay ladies of APS, why are you holding out on the guys on this free razor thing? I want in!

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 11:40:06 AM »
Madonna used rather crude language. Many of the signs were really crude. A lot of the props and costumes were quite crude.

All to protest stuff that is crude.

And wow, they really respect the environment. I guess it's still the man's job to take out the trash.

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/01/22/nasty-women-vote-and-make-lots-of-mess-womens-march-trashes-cities-across-the-country/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: The Women's March on Washington
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »
And wow, they really respect the environment. I guess it's still the man's job to take out the trash.

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/01/22/nasty-women-vote-and-make-lots-of-mess-womens-march-trashes-cities-across-the-country/
Nope.  They're liberals,  who expect government  (i.e. someone else) to take care of them. 

Compare to the much maligned Tea Party that always left their protest sites looking better than when they arrived. (And had a significant number of women.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 01:46:15 PM »
Okay ladies of APS, why are you holding out on the guys on this free razor thing? I want in!

Hell, Ben, I don't know what to tell you. I want to know where one gets hooked up with free razors myself...

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »

I have no idea what this sign is saying. I mean, I can read the individual words, but who is "them"? Men, I assume? Since when have men NOT paid for razors? I've always paid for mine, and I've never heard any males reporting a source of free razors.

Katie Hopkins doesn't seem to be entirely sympathetic to "the cause," but she does offer a fairly cogent perspective on the march: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4144242/KATIE-HOPKINS-Having-vagina-biology-not-argument.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:54:58 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 02:04:09 PM »

Free tampons?  You have got to be kidding me.
Please tell me the current welfare system is somehow denying poverty stricken women access to sanitary products through an antiquated clause originally placed in the administrative language as a response to Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Please?

It's not like tampons are absolutely necessary.  I live with three women who get by with pads just fine.  I have a vivid memory of my paternal grandmother relating when menstrual flow control products were introduced, and the reaction of her father (a Spanish American War Vet)

I am NOT suggesting that tampons shouldn't be an eligible expense at any level, but if she gets free tampons, I'm going after free toilet paper.
7-11 was a part time job.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 02:17:44 PM »
So far the only "threat" I can see coming from Trump in terms of an issue that is primarily affecting woman is that he flopped over to pro life and has stated that he will appoint pro life justices. Obviously, I don't care for it since I happen to be pro choice and, had this march been a pro choice march, I may have actually supported it.
Instead it's been billed as a march for "woman's rights" and I have yet to see any of those rights that woman are missing or threatened enumerated by this mob.

Tuco, just FYI, tampons are cheaper than pads. I assume she used the word "tampon" because "feminine sanitary products" didn't fit on her sign. Also, new materials have made TSS a thing of the past. You have to leave them in for like days to get that now.
Either way, none of it's that expensive, especially if you buy generic. If I can afford to buy name brand products without starving, I doubt any woman in that march has any struggle.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 02:36:50 PM »
I have no idea, but could it be that hospitals charge patients for tampons, but not for razors?