Author Topic: The Women's March on Washington  (Read 11006 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: The Women's March on Washington
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2017, 06:19:27 AM »
There are some interesting stories there.  I especially liked the perspective of Lulu, who is from Romania.

Their perspectives and reasons for voting for Trump were understandable.  Quite thoughtful in most cases.  Definitely not "low information" voters.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2017, 12:07:55 PM »
Their perspectives and reasons for voting for Trump were understandable.  Quite thoughtful in most cases.  Definitely not "low information" voters.

And therefore must be "fake news," because everyone knows that only low information voters supported The Donald.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2017, 01:59:44 AM »
A little background on one of the Women's March speakers: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Hylton

From 1995, when she was still in prison:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199507/crime-and-punishment

Spurling himself interviewed Donna: "I couldn't believe this girl who was so intelligent and nice-looking could be so unemotional about what she was telling me she and her friends had done. They'd squeezed the victim's testicles with a pair of pliers, beat him, burned him. Actually, I thought the judge's sentence was lenient. Once a jailbird, always a jailbird."

But there was another moment, on our second day together, when she slipped verbally, and said in an almost irritable way, "He [the victim] was going to die anyway, so . . ." and then she caught herself. I just looked at her. All her previous protestations that when arrested she'd had no idea Vigliarole was dead were clearly lies.

What a lovely person.  Let's make a movie about her life.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2017, 07:52:59 AM »
Agreed.  Any worthwhile topics (like equal pay for equal work) get lost among the dancing vajajays.
Chris, you know that the "wage gap" isn't really a thing, right?  If you compare like with like (i.e. women  in the same job as men), women absolutely do earn the same as men and in some industries more.

The statistics behind the wage gap line are comparing overall average incomes and ignore that men tend to work in higher risk and higher paying jobs at a greater rate then women, and women tend to find more fulfillment in things outside of work and on average do less to chase careers.

If it were true that women really do earn drastically less then men and do the same work, companies would hire only women to undercut everyone else with their cheap labor.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2017, 11:21:33 AM »

If it were true that women really do earn drastically less then men and do the same work, companies would hire only women to undercut everyone else with their cheap labor.

Whereas, as we know, instead they hire those people who "do the work Americans don't want to do."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design