Author Topic: Screw you photobucket  (Read 770 times)

brimic

• friends
Screw you photobucket
« on: March 06, 2020, 08:21:15 PM »
I just logged onto photobucket for the first time in months... all my pics are blurred and have a PB watermark.
I guess I have to pay them a ransoms to get my old photos back :old:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Screw you photobucket
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »

I gave up on "photobucket of crap" years ago when they decided to charge you so that they can steal your images.
I use Flickr now, At least they don't make me pay to have my images stolen

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 09:03:28 AM »
I just logged onto photobucket for the first time in months... all my pics are blurred and have a PB watermark.
I guess I have to pay them a ransoms to get my old photos back :old:

Photobucket changed their M.O. two or three years ago.  In the process, they notified all account holders that they would have to remove their photos or pay to get the photos later.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »
Photobucket changed their M.O. two or three years ago.  In the process, they notified all account holders that they would have to remove their photos or pay to get the photos later.

Yeah -- and then they made it essentially impossible to delete your photos. The reason is that the terms of service give them the right to sell your images as long as the images reside on their servers. I've been trying to delete my images from Photobucket for two years. I finally gave up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 11:10:27 AM »
When they started charging a few years ago I made sure I had a copy of everything, deleted everything on their server, and left them with one pic: https://imgflip.com/s/meme/1950s-Middle-Finger.jpg
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?