Author Topic: Major new study on immigration: apply your own spin  (Read 829 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Major new study on immigration: apply your own spin
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 11:55:37 AM »
From the first link:

The report, citing a lack of data, doesn’t distinguish between the impacts of documented and undocumented immigrants.

Which means the study is worthless, because it's the illegals (primarily) who are taking the lower-paying jobs "that Americans don't want to do" and who are sending millions of dollars back to family in the home country rather than keeping it circulating in the American economy. I live near a self-styled "sanctuary city" -- I see it every day.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/18/mcdonalds-hires-foreign-h-1bs-fires-70-american-accounting-staff/

Completely aside from the accounting staff at corporate headquarters, McDonald's long ago shifted away from being all-American and apple pie. When I was growing up, McDonald's was a place where many teenagers could get their first job, and if you went to Mickey D's you probably found some of your classmates behind the counter. No more. The McDonald's nearest to me has passed over hiring kids from the town in which it's located in favor of hiring Hispanic workers who come in by bus and train from larger cities 15 or 20 miles away.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »
From the seond link:

The report’s documentation of a slowdown in assimilation brings to the immigration debate a significant new wrinkle. Even though we do not yet fully understand why this slowdown occurred, and the report makes little effort to determine the source of the slowdown, a crucial question lurks underneath: What does it mean for the future?

Sure we understand why the slowdown -- many current immigrants are either Hispanics who think the USA belongs to Mexico so they refuse to Americanize, or Muslims who think the USA should be operating under Sharia law and so they refuse to Americanize. Then mix in the Latino "community organizers" who have a vested interest in preventing their constituents from learning to speak, read and write English so they (the organizers) can control the information said constituents receive, and it's pretty easy to understand.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 01:40:52 PM »
More anti-American* voters is good for America - sounds legit.

*Or "anti-human;" whichever term best describes the Democratic party.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »
There's a difference between IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL ALIENS.

It's like the difference between SHOPPERS and SHOPLIFTERS
 . . . MOTORISTS and DRUNK DRIVERS
 . . . HUNTERS and POACHERS
 . . . PHARMACISTS and DOPE DEALERS

It's not that hard to understand. Those who refuse to make the distinction are showing a basic, fundamental core dishonesty.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain