Author Topic: Interesting Development in Illinios RTC court cases  (Read 1182 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Interesting Development in Illinios RTC court cases
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:50:52 AM »
From IllinoisCarry.com

Judge Denies IL Attorney General's Request for More Time in Right to Carry Lawsuit -

If all goes as expected, oral arguments will be heard in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals by the end of May or first week of June for two lawsuits, Shepard vs Madigan and Moore vs Madigan.  Both lawsuits challenge the Illinois ban on carrying firearms for self-defense.

The state's request for more time to prepare has been denied, with only a one week extension granted. It seems the court is interested in hearing this case a soon as possible and does not want any unnecessary delays.

From Chief Judge Frank Easterbrook: "Order re: Motions to consolidate and extend time. The motions to consolidate are DENIED. Appellees do not need a formal order of consolidation in order to file one brief addressing two appeals. They may file one brief, or two, at their option. The motions for an extension of time is GRANTED, but only until May 9, 2012 (in both appeals). This should allow enough time to prepare a single brief covering the two cases. Appellees previously told the court that the two suits are functionally identical. There is accordingly no need for time beyond the 30-day extension already granted, and this one-week increment. The court’s last regular sitting of the current term is June 8, 2012. If the court were to delay the appellees’ briefs until June 1 or June 11 (the alternate dates appellees propose), that would postpone oral argument until next September, an unnecessary delay. Appellees must file their brief (or briefs) in both cases by May 9, and appellants their reply briefs by May 23. That will permit oral argument the last week of May or the first full week of June."

This could mean a ruling from the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals being issued as soon as early August.

This is the same 7th Circuit that gave us the Ezell ruling.

That ought to make some sphincters tighten in the Governor's, Mayor's and Brady's offices...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Interesting Development in Illinios RTC court cases
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »
 [popcorn]

and here I thought I wouldn't be carrying until I moved out of state. Might still get to tote the Commander around here in Illinois yet...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »
Yeah...  I think I heard the collective "oh, s***!" from the illinois nazis politicians all the way over here on the west coast....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
If they issue the requested Preliminary Injunction we might be carrying at the Midwest Get Together !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
[popcorn]

and here I thought I wouldn't be carrying until I moved out of state. Might still get to tote the Commander around here in Illinois yet...

Wild west! Blood in the streets! Hide your kids, hide your wife!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 09:26:14 AM »
Yeah...  I think I heard the collective "oh, s***!" from the illinois nazis politicians all the way over here on the west coast....

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.