Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Joe proves his worth as Assassination Insurance  (Read 1882 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
http://nation.foxnews.com/joe-biden/2012/06/05/biden-tells-fairy-tales-graduates

The sad part is that he probably believes all of it.

"Once upon a time...."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Regolith

• friend
Re: Crazy Uncle Joe proves his worth as Assassination Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:11:31 AM »
Holy crap that guy is dumber than a box of hammers.  :facepalm:

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »
Joe Biden's comments would frequently make the front page of most newspapers - above the fold - along with some snide comments if he were a Republican.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:12:36 AM »
Joe Biden's comments would frequently make the front page of most newspapers - above the fold - along with some snide comments if he were a Republican.

Anyone remember Dan Quayle? He  said far fewer "dumb" quotes, but he was severely put through the media wringer, and that was well before popular MSM cable and the Internet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
Anyone remember Dan Quayle? He  said far fewer "dumb" quotes, but he was severely put through the media wringer, and that was well before popular MSM cable and the Internet.

Remember Dan Quayle getting into a fight with the TV character Murphy Brown?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »
Remember Dan Quayle getting into a fight with the TV character Murphy Brown?

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1993/04/dan-quayle-was-right/7015/

He didn't "get into a fight" with Murphy Brown. He pointed out that our culture was promoting single females as parents.

Choosing a fictional character to point out that Hollywood was doing so was exactly the matter at hand.

It was the liberal control of the media (and your unquestioned acceptance of the premise) that tired to make a big deal about "BUT SHE ISN'T REAL!!" Well, yes, and that was rather the point.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1993/04/dan-quayle-was-right/7015/

He didn't "get into a fight" with Murphy Brown. He pointed out that our culture was promoting single females as parents.

Choosing a fictional character to point out that Hollywood was doing so was exactly the matter at hand.

It was the liberal control of the media (and your unquestioned acceptance of the premise) that tired to make a big deal about "BUT SHE ISN'T REAL!!" Well, yes, and that was rather the point.

TLDNR
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:49 AM »
Candice Bergen agreed with Quayle, too, apparently.

http://209.157.64.201/focus/f-news/714436/posts
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
TLDNR

Maybe you should.  When The Atlantic (not exactly a bastion of conservative thought) AGREES with Dan Quayle, after the hounding he got from the MSM, it's worth a read....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
Potatoes has an e in it.
And a potato can have several eyes.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »
Maybe you should.  When The Atlantic (not exactly a bastion of conservative thought) AGREES with Dan Quayle, after the hounding he got from the MSM, it's worth a read....

I will take it under advisement...Just cannot read it at work.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 05:42:32 PM »
Quayle's flap occurred before the appearance of the alternative media.  Main stream media had a free fire zone in that Quayle had no effective way to respond.  Results would be completely different if the same play was to be run today.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon