Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall Recount  (Read 1132 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Wisconsin Senate Recall Recount
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/15/wisconsin-gop-lawmaker-asks-for-recount-in-recall-race/?intcmp=obinsite

Not that it will make much difference if he wins, since the senate won't reconvene until after the November elections.

But it was the only race that the R's lost in Recall election and a defeat here to the Dem's would simply be icing on that big ol' slice of humble pie. 

Here's the money quote:
Democrats had called on Wanggaard to concede, saying a recount would only delay their inevitable and waste taxpayer money.

Yeah, like the entire Recall farce was a good use of taxpayer money.... ;/   I'm always amazed at how the Dem's only get concerned about taxpayer money when they won't be able to spend it....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Wisconsin Senate Recall Recount
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »
Sorry, showed up as new on my news feed.   :facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
The election in that district was a complete farce.
-Once the recall of Wangaard was underway, someone filed a lawsuit in a lefty district to have the recall vote take in Wangaards district using 2010 districting, which took him away from his current conservative leaning voting block and put him in a slightly democratic district.
-Lehman won in this old district, but has zero chance of holding the seat when his seat is up for election in 2014.
-There has been quite a bit of anecdotal evidence of illinois busses full of people showing up at polls in that district.
-Voter ID law has been suspended by a Dane County (Madison) judge for this election, barring any higher court rulings, the law will be in full effect in November.
-There were hundreds of poll discrepencies/book keeping problems in that district- where newly minted voters did not sign the voter roll book when handed a ballot.

There may or may have not been massive fraud in that district, but Wangaard decided to finally bow out as (Rs) are expected to pick up more seats in November and Wangaard is very likely to rewin his district in 2014.

If the Dems did cheat this election, its a very minor victory, and things will tighten up in the next election.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »
To add:
After the november elections, there's at least a small chance that Lehman will be recalled in his district. I'm not sure that a conservative district is going to want to keep a far left democrat that was elected mainly by people in a completely different district. OTOH, they might just wait until 2014 to vote him out.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama