Author Topic: Hey Romney, Why Are You So Poor?  (Read 780 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Hey Romney, Why Are You So Poor?
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:32:57 AM »
Interesting, straw grasping twist. First liberals said Romney was an out of touch, uber-rich fat cat. Now it seems he's not wealthy enough:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitt-romney-is-worth-250-million-why-so-little/2012/10/05/64128882-0c20-11e2-a310-2363842b7057_story.html

ETA: Corrected link.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:44:09 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Hey Romney, Why Are You So Poor?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Is the doublethink really that surprising anymore?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »
Oops! Thanks for the fix fistful! Corrected in OP.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 12:04:55 PM »
Probably just the altitude affecting you, bro.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh:

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
No surprise, Romney has not made it easy to figure out the precise size of his fortune, and any inferences drawn from the available data are necessarily speculative — yet they still, I think, say something about the man who would be president.

And this says all you need to know about the 99% of the press.  Lets speculate about Romney and his wealth instead of reporting on anything else.  It isn't like it took 3 or so weeks to get the FBI on the ground where our ambassador was killed, and it isn't like the day after the attack the White House was privately calling it a terrorist attack while publicly calling it a spontaneous event.  Or that the economy is still in the dumper and neither the legislative or executive branch are doing their jobs (Hey Harry, what's the "no budget passed" count up to today?) or that we are 16 freaking trillion dollars in debt.  Remember that mythical ditch somebody was always talking about, and how one party put us there and still wanted the keys to the car?  Why doesn't anybody bring that up, and mention that the same person is now digging holes in that ditch instead of trying to back the car out?  Sheesh!

But hey, Cincinnati kicked a little butt last night so life isn't all bad!   =D