Author Topic: Sigh... computer upgrade delayed  (Read 918 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Sigh... computer upgrade delayed
« on: November 07, 2009, 01:01:39 PM »
I have this hoss of a new machine sitting right behind me, geared up and ready to go except for the OS.  I'm waiting on the free Win7 upgrade to arrive from Dell.  I checked the update status yesterday afternoon and was thrilled to see the status window had changed from Processing to Ordered.  Yay!  :laugh:  Unfortunately the anticipated ship date is December 1. No yay.   :'(

Dang.  Another three weeks limping along (two weeks, actually, as I'll be out of the office Thanksgiving week).  I know they probably have a jillion upgrade orders to process but I want mine NOW dammit! *pout*

Oh well, I supposed it won't hurt me to be patient.  Helps build character, or so I'm told.  :laugh:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Sigh... computer upgrade delayed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
Any plans for the old hardware?  I'm collecting old computer detritus, if that wasn't already obvious. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »
Any plans for the old hardware?  I'm collecting old computer detritus, if that wasn't already obvious. 

Already spoken for.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »
My comp died back in Aug.  I bought a new HP Pavilion Slimline with the Win 7 upgrade when released.  So, I have been limping along for the last 2 months, not wanting to put much effort into it, just to have it wiped out with the upgrade.  I received the disks Tuesday, did the upgrade last night, easy as pie.  Heck, I didn't lose any information and the only incompatible programs were some dumb Wild Tangent games that HP had put on it.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »
Well whaddaya know... I just got a notice that it shipped yesterday!

Yay!

Brad

p.s. ...from from Rancho Cucamonga Kalifornia ???
-HankB

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »
Coincidentally I just ordered myself a new PC (in pieces) from newegg to build myself a new one.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
I just got rid of my AMD Athlon XP 3200 (ran at 2200) with 1.5 gigs of RAM and a Radeon X1950 Pro in favor of an Intel i7, 4 gigs of RAM, and two GeForce 8800 GTSs.

It's good when family upgrades computers.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.