Author Topic: I had a KFC Famous Bowl for lunch the other day.  (Read 12047 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: I had a KFC Famous Bowl for lunch the other day.
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
Oil change story... The regional manager was there on my shift, he was "helping" so we dump the oil into the filter bucket and he comes up with the idea of lifting the fryer elements and firing them up to burn the gunk off them. One goes up in flames. He takes the fill nozzle and tells me all you have to do is squirt the hot oil on the flames to put it out. I say, "Huh? Are you nuts?" He says,"No no, it's ok, turn the pump on." So I do. He is now holding and oily flamethrower in his hand. The fire is all the way back to the tip of the 1" nozzle. He says, "TURN IT OFF!! TURN IT OFF!!" I say, "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!"  and give him a good extra few seconds before I nonchalantly reach over  and turn it back off.  grin

I've had so much fun here and there in my life.  laugh
Yep.  Sounds about right.  laugh
Fun fact:  KFC's fryers have safety floats** that will prevent the burners from lighting if there's no oil (they call it shortening) in the fryer...however, Bojangle's has NO safety of the like for some reason*.

*The ones in my locality.

**Valves?  wtf was I thinking.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.