Author Topic: Terry Jones, Asymmetrical Warrior  (Read 9379 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Terry Jones, Asymmetrical Warrior
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/LI14Ak01.html

"If they want to kill each other, why not help them?"

TJ demonstrated that one man; with nothing but a tenuous grip on English grammar, a congregation that could fit on a carnie thrill-ride, and a $2 paperback Koran; can trigger thousands of people around the world (MSM-types and gov't weenies all over) who then trigger tens & hundreds of thousands to go completely apeshit.

TJ destabilized quite a bit and caused a huge ruckus in the Muslim world, a world unaccustomed to criticism of its foundational beliefs.  What if some organization with real resources did its level best to disrupt and throw into chaos the Muslim world with all-out asymmetrical attacks at its foundations?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Terry Jones, Asymmetrical Warrior
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »
IMHO, its a brilliant idea, but because of our reliance on the ME for oil, any private individual pursuing such an agenda would probably be arrested. The Goobermint would probably never try such a stunt.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 11:09:57 AM »
The best way for the West to subvert Islam, emasculating its world wide terror abilities, is for the West to become independent of the Islamic world for its energy needs.  No money, no terror.  They go back to sitting around, sipping tea.

We've had nearly 40 years to become energy independent.  We have the means and the resources in the West.  That we haven't proves the vast disconect the Western ruling class has with reality.  That we haven't proves the vast disconect the average citizen has with what it is that guarantees his freedom.  That is the single major imperative to changing out our "leaders" from the sycophantic fools we now have.

Every political and economical problem the West confronts is tied up in energy.  The word itself is the root, the foundation of everything having to do with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Always has, always will.

To be free and at liberty, energy must be expended.  It's time the real discussion begin.  So far it hasn't.  If I was running for national office, energy independence would be my single issue.  It is the only thing I would talk about and show how it affects everything in the modern world.  Without energy, nothing happens.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:31:48 AM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
What if some organization with real resources did its level best to disrupt and throw into chaos the Muslim world with all-out asymmetrical attacks at its foundations?

To what end?  Does the word Crusade ring a bell?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »

Yep.

If you're going to engage in warfare, you need to kill your enemy (screaming beards).

I'd think that Iraq and A-stan would have taught us all that lesson by now.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »
I've tho't for a long time that the best way to fight these people is to work on making the US a net *exporter* of energy.  Just for fun, see if we can drive down the price of oil to $1 per barrel.  It would change the entire global political balance.

And what if TJ *had* burned a koran, and it so upset the screaming-beard types that they killed themselves?  He'd probably be considered a hero instead of a rascist kook.
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 12:47:06 PM »

To what end?  To reduce the ability of dark-age Muslim "civilization" to disrupt the rest of the world.

You might recall that all the Muslim territory the Crusaders battled on was Christian territory until the Muslims battled on it a couple centuries prior and wrested it from the Eastern Roman Empire.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:13:29 PM »
Disrupting them by burning their book so they will not disrupt us; sounds like a battle over who's God is better to me.  I'll pass, it doesn't bother me who they worship.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
Disrupting them by burning their book so they will not disrupt us; sounds like a battle over who's God is better to me.  I'll pass, it doesn't bother me who they worship.

I'd guess you didn't read the article.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »

Right now they want to fight "the serpent."  That's the West.

Get them fighting about esoteric BS about Islam.  Get them fighting about the validity of various "holy sites."  Get them fighting about events in Muhammad's life.  Poke the beehive and suggest that Muhammad didn't even exist.  Make it look like it's coming out of the Muslim community rather than the West.

They'll durka-blow themselves up for decades, over their own perceived conflicts on who they worship.

Better than durka-blowing some of us up.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »
I fail to see how fomenting chaos in the middle east is beneficial to us.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 03:44:04 PM »
makes some folks feel good
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »

I think the reasoning is to get the preoccupied with themselves for awhile.  But while we're hooked on oil, it'd be like a junky going cold turkey...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »
I think the reasoning is to get the preoccupied with themselves for awhile. 
If we insult and offend them enough to start 'em rioting, I think it's safe to say they won't forget about us.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »
If we insult and offend them enough to start 'em rioting, I think it's safe to say they won't forget about us.

But if we trick them into thinking they've insulted and offended themselves, the durka-splodey-tude will be most entertaining. =D
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »
were "spengler"  more credible to me the article would mean more.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »

How would we tell the difference?   :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

griz

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »
I read the article but it still seems like the primary focus is finding various reasons to use this tactic against Islam.  They conclude with this:

Weapons are there to be used, and theological weapons may turn out to be some of the nastiest means of war-fighting at hand.

I believe wars are serious affairs and should be fought fiercely.  I just don't see the benifit of declaring war on Islam or the moral reason for trying to use an underhanded method of destoying it.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »
I believe wars are serious affairs and should be fought fiercely.  I just don't see the benifit of declaring war on Islam or the moral reason for trying to use an underhanded method of destoying it.

Islam is a highly fragmented group of sub-religions.  Lots of branches.

The Al Qaida branch may only have a few hundred thousand adherents.  And maybe only 3% of them care enough to get off their azzes and make war on the Great Serpent.  And the Al Qaida branch may be a totally different sect than the Lebanese Al Aqsa Brigade.  They may have theological differences that can be exploited, turning them against each other.

This is wise war, and Sun Tzu would be proud of the general that exploited such tactics.
--Lysander Spooner

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »
the author is a very interesting guy  him being a larouche fanboi says a lot.

taurusowner

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 07:00:21 AM »
And what if TJ *had* burned a koran, and it so upset the screaming-beard types that they killed themselves? 

Unfortunately they rarely kill themselves without taking a few innocent soldiers/Afghan/Iraqi civilians with them.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 09:32:20 AM »
Unfortunately they rarely kill themselves without taking a few innocent soldiers/Afghan/Iraqi civilians with them.

This.

Also, there is a simple answer to this quabble:

The answer is nuclear energy.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »

True, but there will be less of them when they get around to remembering us.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 01:09:22 PM »
This.

Also, there is a simple answer to this quabble:

The answer is nuclear energy.

This.  As well as any other viable forms of energy production.  It's not that we, the United States, are so dependent on ME oil, it is the West in general.  We import a comparitively small amount from the ME for our own use as compared to other nominal western allies.
That is not to say, were our ME imports disrupted, we would not experience higher prices for refined products and shortages.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 07:24:32 PM »
Don't worry about the oil thing.  President Obama is on the job.  An offshore drilling moratorium and making it much more difficult to get permits to drill will really help reduce our dependence on foreign oil.    ...wait...what?   ???

Regarding the Nuke Power comment, how much would the oil market really be affected by nuclear power?  I don't see us burning oil to produce electrical power.  Now if you want to start talking about natural gas, that is another issue. 

On the Muslim issue, I think for me, Terry Jones just underscored that many of these people we are fighting for and against over there are just plain nuts.  It really brings to mind questions about whether these people are worth wasting our treasure and soldier's lives on.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge