Author Topic: Fed holds rates at "emergency" levels indefinitely  (Read 4380 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Fed holds rates at "emergency" levels indefinitely
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 12:13:02 AM »
You're right HTG, I should have Fed'ed when I Administrated.  I'm thinking the Fed is going to foul this one up.  Why is that, you ask?  I don't really know, it's just a feeling I have.  I think they will wait too long to shrink the money supply.
If the Administration can get their dirty little fingers into the Feds machinations somehow, I suspect they will deliberately screw things up.  Granted the Fed is independant, but...I just don't trust the current administration not to try influencing the Fed in some fashion.  Hell, all administrations have tried to influence the Fed over the years.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sanglant

• friend
Re: Fed holds rates at "emergency" levels indefinitely
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 08:43:02 PM »
Why is Barney Frank arguing with a smily face? I'm so confused.

he smoked some stuff his young intern gave him and is have a bad dream [popcorn]