Author Topic: New Frontier polymer lowers?  (Read 1693 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: New Frontier polymer lowers?
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 08:59:47 AM »
Yeah , after watching the torture test demo and hearing from my friend about firing 10k round through one, I'm feeling pretty good about it

I'm testing it out this weekend with a friend's upper
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: New Frontier polymer lowers?
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
Careful with the Palmetto State stuff.  A buddy of bought an upper from them.  Jam-O-Matic, POS.  Constant double feed and extraction problems.  Piss poor Customer service, sent to them twice, sent back to him with "No problem", still a Jam-O-Matic with any and all types of ammo.   Finally takes it to a local smith who does some measurements and turns out the Chamber is not spec.  (Too small).  Again contacts PSA.  Not their problem, sucks to be you.

Finally sells it at a gun show (with full disclosure), to a guy that's a smith who's going to ream out the chamber, for $25 less then he paid for it.

He's posted on ARFCOM about his experience.

Yeah, it's like Century, you are admittedly taking a chance to save a few bucks.

However, assuming they have stock, PSA is still a viable option if you're merely racing to get a lower "granfathered". They had M4gery uppers for only $250 on Black Friday.

Hindsight being 20/20...  =|

There was lots of talk about "pre-ban lowers" in the last AWB, but the real legality of it was it had to be assembled into pre-ban configuration before Sept '94. Although granted it would be hard for the .gov to prove it wasn't the case. And no one was ever prosecuted AFAIK, however if they went through your CC or bank records, or pulled a vendors records and found you bought the upper after Sept '94, you would have been SOL.
I promise not to duck.