Author Topic: Guitar players, burn your guitars!!!!  (Read 6386 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Guitar players, burn your guitars!!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:25:08 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »
I am impressed.
The little lady is indeed playing with much passion and rhythm, playing through the occasional muted note and minor flub with aplomb.
7-11 was a part time job.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »
yup, time to burn it.  i was just feeling good about my own playing as(in my forties) i am nearly able to wrap my fingers around "blackbird".  lol.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »
Yep, some people get it right away, some never do, like you I'm somwhere in the middle.  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 09:05:43 AM »
sadly, most of my skills came before i was twenty.  not a lot of real improvement since, just an expanding playlist.  as a parent i am wondering how far to push my kids to practice.  leaving it up to them means it will be nearly never.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
Yea, true. With kids it's like anything else. They'll do it if they want to but if they don't good luck. I believe most musicians who started young and kept with it did so because they enjoyed it for one reason or another. I never forced any of my kids to play. Really, if they're not going to practice on their own ther's no sense to it. Not to mention the expense that ends up going into another dead end. After about the third time my oldest dropped his latest fad I started to become a little less enthusiastic about spending a lot of money on them. I drew the line at hockey.  NFW was I spending THAT kind of money just so he could lose interest 3 months later. :laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!