Author Topic: New Firefox/Mozilla Add on  (Read 811 times)

Ron

New Firefox/Mozilla Add on
« on: December 07, 2006, 02:36:16 PM »
This is a cool add on, thought I would pass it on.

Cooliris Previews 2.0 for Firefox gives you the power to browse faster and send links instantly.

" Simply mouse over the Cooliris link icon, and a preview window will instantly appear to show you the underlying content. No more clicking back and both, or leaving your current page.

" To email a link instantly, just right-click on any web page.

" Right-click on any phrase to have Cooliris automatically do a subsearch in Google, Wikipedia, or a dictionary.

" Customize how and when you want the preview window to appear. (See our developer notes below)

Cooliris Previews 2.0 does not contain any adware or spyware whatsoever.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2207/

cosine

• Administrator
Re: New Firefox/Mozilla Add on
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »
Nice! Already installed. This is sweet, you don't know how often I'm cut'n'pasting something to Google or Wikipedia to learn about it.
Andy

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 04:48:39 PM »
Good find Ron. That's what I love about Firefox, so many useful add ons.
Can't wait till the Blue Shift theme is updated to 2.0
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Chuck Dye

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 06:28:12 PM »
Does CoolIris have any utility for an end-of-the-road dial up user?  A fast day here is 28.8kbps.  More often, I get 26.4kbps.  The add-on sounds as if it really depends on a high speed connection.

Chuck Dye

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »
Well, I am tempted to delete that last post out of embarrassment:  the utility is only 57k so I downloaded it and tried it.  CoolIris seems to be slightly faster than to much faster than standard page changes with my current 26.4kbps connection.

Thanks for the tip!

HForrest

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:52:08 AM »
Installed. Cool!