Author Topic: House dems call for NATIONALIZATION of refineries!  (Read 7087 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: House dems call for NATIONALIZATION of refineries!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 10:14:24 AM »

I'd love to see the same for offshore drilling; California and Florida can subsidise the rest of our gas with tax penalties until they decide to allow offshore drilling.

And give Texas and Alaska tax breaks....we wanna drill on-shore, off-shore, and everywhere we can.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »
That's another good point.
While I'm not a fan of the idea of massive drilling operations in ANWR, since the land is in Alaska, and they want to do it, lets let 'em.
Sure, we should do a bit to try adn protect wildlife in the area, but sorry, our economy and way of life is more important than antelope.   I'm sure we can reach a reasonable balance.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 01:11:58 PM »
I have heard the Sierra Club has allowed drilling on some of its land.  If they can see there way into doing it, why can't the govt? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge