Author Topic: 2016 claims another one... Carrie Fisher has died  (Read 4990 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: 2016 claims another one... Carrie Fisher has died
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
Her mother, Debbie Reynolds, passed away today.  Stroke.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 08:14:29 AM »
Her mother, Debbie Reynolds, passed away today.  Stroke.

Broken heart :'(
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »
And now, one day later, Carrie's Mom - Debbie Reynolds - has died.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that when I hear it on the news.  I was confused (not unusual for me) because hey were "obitting" both of them at the same time.  Friggin' amazing and saddening.  I didn't know much about Carrie, but her mom was a favorite of mine in my youth.

And on that Russian crash, mostly members of the Red Army Ensemble...  Familiar with them because one of  the first "Audio Fidelity" brand* vinyl recordings was of their group, and Russian or not, they were great.

Terry

* Ultra high fidelity, monophonic, and I had the audio system to be able to tell the difference.  Even better than the Mercury brand recordings.  I used to whistle along with the whistler in "Kalinka."  Those were the days when I started to realize that the Russian cultural heritage (literature and music) was so similar to ours, but "darker," and that our real enemy was their political system, not the people.  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:23:13 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 07:17:50 PM »
Necrothread . . .

It turns out Carrie Fisher's tox screen at the time of her death showed cocaine, methadone, MDMA (better known as ecstasy), alcohol, opiates and "an exposure to heroin."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-carrie-fisher-autopsy-report-20170619-story.html

So it would seem that she never actually kicked her drug habit.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
Sweet Jesus, with that many pickling agents did they even need to embalm her?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 07:51:38 PM »
It's bizzare  to think about it, but Keith Richards will most likely outlive me. I never thought that would be possible.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 07:51:09 AM »
It's bizzare  to think about it, but Keith Richards will most likely outlive me. I never thought that would be possible.

Makes sense.  He has given himself years of chemotherapy.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought