Author Topic: Pickle Pickle  (Read 7559 times)

Pickle Pickle
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 11:08:06 AM »
I appreciate - everything, food included.

I really appreciate kind gestures and gifts of homemade goodies.  The goodies are great - it is the people I get these from that are the Greatest.

Larry and Sandy Fixed me up in Tulsa with goodies. I have been saving and savoring these goodies. Just decided to open another jar of pickles is all.

Just like I saw a classmate's kid the other day on campus. She had to show me she still had the little metal pencil sharpener I gave her.
 She found out she was going to hang with mom at the College.

"Will Steve be there?"
"Yes of course"
"Wait...wait..I forgot something".

Some people are special - the gifts are reminders of these people, what memories are made of.

She just was intrigued while her mom and I were outside studying. I produced a small metal hand held pencil sharpener. She was doing her studies, facinated with my metal sharper. Asked to see it and try it out. Sitting there being a lady, doing her homework... Said it made her homework answers "come out right the first time".

Bright eyes, big smile, and a hug later...well seems that sharpener followed her home.

I have more of these sharpeners , I was a kid once. I remember ...

grampster

• friend
Pickle Pickle
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 01:16:26 PM »
I just finished a jar of SIL's  home made dill pickles.  It was a divine experience.
Steve, the cap came off very easily.  No trouble a'tal.    Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw