Author Topic: Tiger Woods not quite who everyone thought he was...  (Read 8212 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Tiger Woods not quite who everyone thought he was...
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »
But I think that blonde (It has to be a blonde) he's married to is likely to do very well financially.

Prenup.  She'll get some, but not all.  Might be a good time for her to negotiate the amount in the current prenup though.  She may get the Kobe effect though, a big rock on the ring to make things better :laugh:

What I don't understand is why someone in Woods' position would put millions of dollars of endorsements at risk

I don't think he'll lose much in endorsements.  Buick maybe, but Nike and others, I doubt it. 

The guy made a mistake or two, so what.  It's his life, his mistakes.  I don't understand why the media is making a big deal out of it.   No ones perfect as far as I'm concerned.  I heard an old saying that mentioned something about throwing rocks in a glass house or something like that.  :lol:

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »
Michael Phelps only lost one of his endorsements and continues to make millions (and win medals). I doubt it'll be worse for Woods.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »
Ummm, so he's a private person. I respect that. But are you honestly saying that responding to an accusation of infidelity by apologizing for your behavior is the action of an innocent person?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 02:04:29 AM »
More to the point, Woods has never held himself up as a paragon of anything.  As mentioned he doesn't seek the limelight nor make any claims to be anything more than a good golfer.

It's the media and fans who put him on a moral pedestal, not Woods.

Hypocrisy is the least of any charges that can be leveled.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
UPDATE, 12:37 PM: TMZ reports that Uchitel and Tiger Woods spoke on the phone last night "for approximately a half hour" and that no payout was offered. But the report adds that "we have no knowledge one way or the other" if an offer has been made since then.

EARLIER:

Rachel Uchitel was scheduled to hold a press conference today, reportedly to admit to her alleged affair with Tiger Woods. Uchitel's attorney, Gloria Allred, canceled the news conference this morning due to "unforeseen circumstances." Now, RadarOnline.com is reporting that Woods' camp has offered Uchitel $1 million to keep quiet. According to the post, Allred would not comment on the rumor.

This report follows rumors that Woods is paying his wife a "hefty seven-figure amount" to stay with him.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 01:04:47 PM »
Awesome! Reality imitates "The Runningman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5FlC1MpkE
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Lee

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 04:21:37 PM »
Well, at last he wasn't caught with a tranny in a restroom, or something bizarre like that.  Naive and adulterous is not a good combination.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
Rachel Uchitel was scheduled to hold a press conference today, reportedly to admit to her alleged affair with Tiger Woods.

A strange new world we live in.  Caught in adultery?  Find a camera!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 06:12:59 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »

A strange new world we live in.  Caught in adultery?  Find a camera!!

Why are you afraid of sex?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 06:26:15 PM »
Heh.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 10:13:40 PM »
Ummm, so he's a private person. I respect that. But are you honestly saying that responding to an accusation of infidelity by apologizing for your behavior is the action of an innocent person?
Don't know, don't care.  Gossiping like schoolgirls over the latest celebrity rumor ain't my thing.

We don't really know anything substantive, and even if we did it wouldn't matter a hoot, so I find it a bit difficult to power up my giveadamn.  The cable news channels may think this is the biggest big deal ever, but it doesn't move me at all.

The only thing that really interests me about Tiger is that he's a model for what all celebrities should be.  He does his job, he does it well, and he doesn't try to shove idiotic leftie politics or a gargantuan ego down my throat.  

Wish they were all like him.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 11:05:38 PM »
This report follows rumors that Woods is paying his wife a "hefty seven-figure amount" to stay with him.
Wha?

A relationship held together by bribery is a screwy relationship indeed.

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 06:49:33 AM »
Sorry, but cheating by ANYONE - whether  you're a celebrity or just the regular joe - is, in my opinion, DISGUSTING.  Cheating does not make you human.  It makes you a piece of sh*t.  If a person has the urge to cheat, then they have a moral duty to inform their significant other that they are tempted, so that person can make a decision as to whether or not THEY want to stay with said piece of crap.  Instead, people like Woods and other non-celebrities do it behind their partners' back, while their mate unknowingly remains faithful, loyally honors the wedding vows, waste years of their lives thinking the other one is this wonderful person, they build a life with this disgusting cheater, only to have it all come crashing down when the infidelity is exposed.  Selfish and weak in the mind are what cheaters are.  And I don't care what reason anyone gives, there will never be a good reason to cheat.  All they are thinking about is themselves - not what it is going to do to their spouses, their children, or anyone else that will be affected by their selfishness.    They need to stop being a pussy, get a backbone, suck it up, and either remain faithful to their partner or don't marry them / have children with them and just remain a player, but SAY you're a player and that you can't be faithful to one person.  Woods is a pig just like any of the other cheaters - men or women, famous or not.  Shame on you if you're a cheater.  If you can't remain faithful, then tell your partner that and take a hike so you don't make a fool of them.  If you do it behind their back, you're a selfish, disgusting coward.  :mad: 

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 08:40:34 AM »
If a person has the urge to cheat, then they have a moral duty to inform their significant other that they are tempted, so that person can make a decision as to whether or not THEY want to stay with said piece of crap. 

LOL...

By definition a "person with an urge to cheat" is also known as "a man". Unless he's surrounded by children or the elderly, that thought/urge hits a man anywhere from once to one hundred times a day... well, not even then, he's making up mental imagery about every five minutes.

It's what they do with that urge that matters and is the difference between a loyal partner/husband and a cheater. If you went off of urges/thoughts alone as the sole criteria for deciding to stay with a man, you ought to sign up for spinsterhood right now and just save yourself the trouble.

I promise not to duck.

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2009, 09:44:45 AM »
LOL...

By definition a "person with an urge to cheat" is also known as "a man". Unless he's surrounded by children or the elderly, that thought/urge hits a man anywhere from once to one hundred times a day... well, not even then, he's making up mental imagery about every five minutes.

It's what they do with that urge that matters and is the difference between a loyal partner/husband and a cheater. If you went off of urges/thoughts alone as the sole criteria for deciding to stay with a man, you ought to sign up for spinsterhood right now and just save yourself the trouble.

Sorry, then sign me up for spinsterhood because I have NEVER had the urge to cheat on my significant other.  At times, I may think a different guy is attractive, but the thoughts never go beyond that and the thoughts also never get sexual.  Maybe that's just me, but I'm also very much in love with my gorgeous long-haired metal head who keeps me VERY well satisfied in the bedroom, so I really have no need to look elsewhere. 

And if men think about cheating every 5 minutes, okay, then let me revise my previous post.  If the guy plans to ACT OUT on those thoughts, then he should inform his mate so the mate can decide what to do.  How's that?  Why should she risk getting STD's, possibly AIDS, and heartache just because he's weak and can't keep his cocktail weenie in his pants?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »
That's a much better distinction you make there.

I promise not to duck.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2009, 10:56:53 AM »
What do Tiger Woods and a fur seal have in common?

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »
They both try to run when you club em!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2009, 11:11:20 AM »
Both are clubbed by Scandinavians!

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »
I for one did not have any opinions of Tiger Woods beyond that he is a good golfer, and that I'm jealous of his money, talent, etc.  I'm certainly not surprised that he is capable of cheating; every single last one of us is capable of cheating.   
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

grampster

• friend
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »
Cocktail weenie?? :O =D =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 12:01:08 PM »
Both are clubbed by Scandinavians!

On that note...

So, what's the difference between a golf ball and an Escalade?

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 12:16:54 PM »
So my wife heard this somewhere, and retold it to me:

We should start calling him "Cheetah Woods" now. HA!  =D
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
A powerful famous rich guy cheats on his supermodel wife. Yawn. Nothing new under the sun.

What is interesting to me is this idea of a "role model." News media, talk show hosts, and a wide range of people somehow believe that just because a guy is rich and famous, somehow he is better or stronger than other men, and therefore should be kept to higher moral standards, for the public good and for the children. Consequently, the guy's private life becomes a matter of public well-being. This entire thought-process is perverse in the extreme.

What really happens is the same media make a bundle of money out of the unhealthy curiosity of large numbers of ordinary people. It is the media that package and turn such men into products they sell. So they build the Tigers into celebrities to make money off of them, and then they also make money when they rip up the built images as well.

I say enough with the unhealthy gossipy curiosity, and with the unreasonable expectations placed on ordinary men of a single extraordinary but ethically-neutral ability.