Main Forums > The Roundtable

Jogger shot in Georgia

<< < (24/44) > >>

230RN:

--- Quote from: fistful on May 21, 2020, 08:25:31 PM ---
Murder wrap? Is that to wrap the bodies in?

--- End quote ---

Oh, ghistfull, reely?

HankB:
News story in my local (Austin, TX) rag quoted the 3rd man's lawyer asserting that he had nothing to do with the murder and his only involvement was as a witness.

Unless the police have some hard evidence the 3rd guy was more involved, the case - any case - against the guy who shot the cell phone video from a different vehicle some distance away from the action looks tenuous at best. (Caveat: that's from what I've read in the news, which is my only source of information to date.)

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: HankB on May 22, 2020, 02:23:26 PM ---News story in my local (Austin, TX) rag quoted the 3rd man's lawyer asserting that he had nothing to do with the murder and his only involvement was as a witness.

Unless the police have some hard evidence the 3rd guy was more involved, the case - any case - against the guy who shot the cell phone video from a different vehicle some distance away from the action looks tenuous at best. (Caveat: that's from what I've read in the news, which is my only source of information to date.)

--- End quote ---

I read somewhere that he might have chased Arbery and blocked him at some point with his vehicle.  Don't know whether it's true or not, but it fits with the charges.  I suspect they don't really want him, they are putting the squeeze on him to testify against the McMichaels.

Pb:

--- Quote from: T.O.M. on May 19, 2020, 06:35:04 PM ---

As for Mr. Jogger's prior record (if any) and the prior stop, that can't come into evidence absent proof that the shooter knew of that before the trigger was pulled.  They can't argue "he was a criminal with a history of violence" unless they knew of any of that going into the incident.

--- End quote ---

The former cop involved in the killing worked crime committed by Aubrey previously.

Perd Hapley:
As we know, filming police doing their jobs in public is a horrible crime which must be stopped. Ergo, filming not-police doing the police's job in public is also a horrible crime which must be stopped.

This is basic stuff, people. Come on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version