Author Topic: Just discovered a great stout  (Read 1023 times)

Warren

Just discovered a great stout
« on: March 15, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »
As dark as a taxman's heart it is strong and smooth with an almost coffee-ish finish.

It is called San Quention's breakout Stout and I'm going to load up my fridge when I get a chance.

Please note I have no connection to the brewery I just love this stout!

http://www.marinbrewing.com/

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 02:25:59 PM »
I like a nice stout occasionally. Guiness is good, but there are a lot of other ones out there. Red Hook brewing made one with Starbuck's expresso coffee. Mackeson's Stout is pretty good too, although it's tougher to find.

Fatcat

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »
I've never seen it, but I'll keep an eye out. I'm always up for a good stout, two of my favorites are Obsidian Stout by Deschutes Brewery and Shakespeare Stout by Rogue, both local Oregon breweries. Good stuff.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."

Chuck Dye

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 03:43:19 PM »
I'll have to check out Breakout on my next pass through Marin Co.  It will have to measure up to a tough standard, though:  Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout by North Coast Brewing of  Fort Bragg CA.

Warren

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 08:20:45 PM »
Rasputin eh? I'll look for it at my local demon rum emporium.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 03:02:51 AM »
For those of you in the Mid Atlantic area, look for Old Dominion's Bourboun Stout.  They take their regular stout and age it in old bourbon casks.  It imparts a nice flavor to the brew.  I haven't had it in years, but I remember it being pretty tasty.

Chris

Chuck Dye

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 07:27:55 AM »
here2learn,

Also in that neck of the woods is Lagunitas Brewing of Petaluma.  Lagunitas brews with the idea that nothing succeeds like excess.  Two of their seasonals, Hairy Eyeball and Brown Shugga, are simply stunning.  Their IPA is wonderful, veddy Brrrritish,  their IPA Maximus even better.  Sorry to report, though, that their Imperial Stout is a dissappointment:  is it very good stout but hardly Imperial.