Author Topic: My new toy  (Read 1337 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
My new toy
« on: March 19, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »
A beretta .22. This is now my official lightweight kit gun/plinker. Any suggestions for an on-the-belt type holster that has at least a tie down strap, if not a full overflap?

Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
My new toy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:47:34 AM »
No, but I have that exact same monitor at work.

grampster

• friend
My new toy
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 08:27:57 AM »
Stand,
I used to have a little Beretta Minx like yours.  It jambs fairly often when one uses hollow points, so I'd suggest regular .22 ammo for plinking etc.
Also my Beretta Tomcat (.32) is in the shop for a new firing pin.  Been there for 5 months, seems that Beretta is a bit lackadasical about shipping parts.  Firing pin problem is endemic with the Tomcat, I'm told.  I never had any problem with the Minx, but the two I had were older models.  I had one in the 70's and another in the 80's.
Anybody want a good deal on a Tomcat?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
My new toy
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 08:30:47 AM »
Always found those little pop open Berettas to be cool.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Strings

My new toy
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 09:05:41 AM »
It's been my understanding that, if you're having trouble with Beretta USA's customer service, you should drop a line to the home office. Since Beretta is THE world's oldest family-owned company, they take CS VERY seriously...

My new toy
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 09:13:34 AM »
Beretta is actually the worlds oldest company period Wink

I've seen thier faciliity in Italy.  Amazing.  they can make you a a tailored, custom skeet gun, starting at the completely reasonable price of 20K (correct me if i'm wrong, it may have gone up)

I've got a little jetfire 21A  in .25 auto,  great little pocket piece

mfree

• friend
My new toy
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 02:34:10 PM »
I just googled... Beretta's 14'th on the list. http://www.familybusinessmagazine.com/oldworld.html

Neat stuff there. The world's oldest company is a Japanese temple-building and general contractor that's been in business since 578. I'm not missing a one there, either... five hundred seventy eight AD.

Strings

My new toy
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »
hmmm... maybe I got my wording wrong there. My understanding is that Beretta is the world's oldest family owned (continuosly) industrial company: they started out making barrels for matchlocks, IIRC...

There is a LOT of interesting history to them. Like the fact that the head of the company, during WWII, was selling inferior weapons to occupying German troops, and giving top o' the line pieces to the resistance

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
My new toy
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 01:40:28 AM »
Like the fact that the head of the company, during WWII, was selling inferior weapons to occupying German troops, and giving top o' the line pieces to the resistance
I love my people. At least the non-Americanized ones anyways... shocked

The Sukyaki Construction Company "Fine Temples and Office Buildings since 578"

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!