Author Topic: French men "yearn for pregnancy"!!!  (Read 3495 times)

Preacherman

French men "yearn for pregnancy"!!!
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:45:25 AM »
From the South African Sunday Times (http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/zones/sundaytimesNEW/basket11st/basket11st1118380714.aspx):

French men yearn for pregnancy

Friday June 10, 2005 07:18 - (SA)

PARIS - Maybe it's that mix of hot Latin blood and cool Cartesian intellect, or perhaps is just a collective guilty conscience. Whatever the cause, nearly 40 percent of French men told a recent survey that they would, science permitting, like to become pregnant.

The poll, conducted by Ipsos and published in the current issue of Children Magazine (Enfants Magazine), showed that 38 percent of the more than 500 fathers of children interviewed said they would like, or would have liked, to be the one to carry their offspring to term.

A slightly higher percentage of women respondents liked the idea of their spouses taking on the nine-month job.

The magazine did not compare the overlap - whether women whose mates expressed deep maternal yearnings would welcome the prospect.

The survey carried other signs that parenting is not what it used to be in the country that spawned one of the all-time feminist classics, Simone de Beauvoir's "The Second Sex".

Eighty-six percent of the fathers queried said they were ready "to take a paternity leave of several months to live their fatherhood more intensely," provided it caused "minimal financial impact."

Seventy-one percent said they were prepared to "take a year-long sabbatical" or "request to work part time."
Cheese eating, pregnant surrender monkeys? cheesy
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 07:56:02 AM »
I just don't know about that one.  That is one job I'll happily leave to the women.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

duck hunt

• http://www.annesoffee.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 10:27:28 AM »
I was gonna say, if one of those French guys wants to volunteer to stand in for me the next four weeks.....DANG but I never really understood just how hot and humid Virginia is in June!

(Disclaimer: Obviously I am kidding.  I am thrilled to be having a baby and will gladly weather the weather.  But I really don't think they know what they'd be getting into!)

Schuey2002

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 10:55:23 AM »
I run around praying for instant pain relief when I stub my toes, I can only imagine what it would feel like to sqeeze a human being out of your body..

cheesy

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 02:35:40 PM »
I remember Savage talking about a swiss or swedish scientist who presented her findings at a conference in Europe last year.  It supported the concept of a man having all the goods implanted, she suggested it would be a possibility within 10 years.

Sounds like that would be a good time for God to come down and smite us all.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 03:29:19 PM »
They have a stupid government, that doesn't mean that most of the people there are idiots.
yahhhhh, not most, just 4/10ths of the "men" are.
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

Justin

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 04:06:51 PM »
Comedy.

Gold.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 04:13:41 PM »
Go for it, Frenchies!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »
Guys, they are just trying to avoid the possibility of a draft.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 03:06:25 AM »
It's historical.  The French are just so used to bending over and getting screwed; they just want something good to come of it.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

P95Carry

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 03:46:08 PM »
Often thought the French name ''Gaston'' sorta sounded a bit like ''gestation'' LOL!

Anyways - can't they grow bear bellies like any other Western over indulger! Cheesy
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

Chuck Jennings

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 10:18:19 AM »
Eighty-six percent of the fathers queried said they were ready "to take a paternity leave of several months to live their fatherhood more intensely," provided it caused "minimal financial impact."

Seventy-one percent said they were prepared to "take a year-long sabbatical" or "request to work part time."
I think I see their motives!

Anna G.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 10:26:22 AM »
So, you guys are hinting that there is something dishonorable about bearing a baby? Because if there is such thing which makes it not good enough for a "real man" I will have to consider removing some organs.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 03:03:42 PM »
I don't think any of us find it dishonorable - quite the opposite, actually.  I personally think my self and other men are psychologically ill-prepared to be good mothers.  Most, if not all, other guys I know probably feel the same way.  We didn't play with baby dolls as children or want to grow up so we could be a mommy like the girls did.  As a result, some of us find it quite baffling that a survey indicates 40% of the French males "yearn" to experience pregnancy.  I still don't buy it.  I think some of them must have thought they were being asked if they "yearned to instigate pregnacy" or "yearned to experience intercourse."

"Because if there is such thing which makes it not good enough for a "real man" I will have to consider removing some organs." - Anna G.

??  I didn't understand this last sentence.
For entertainment purposes only.

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 03:20:46 PM »
I wonder if its just the French or if more men than like to admit would like to be pregnant. I kind of think it must just be the novelty aspect of it for the number to be so high, but I'm not sure.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »
More proof that all of the 'normal' French men that hadn't emmigrated to North America by then, had been killed off in WWI.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 06:40:51 PM »

FRANCIS:
Why are you always on about women, Stan?
STAN:
I want to be one.

REG:
What?
STAN:
I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.
REG:
What?!
LORETTA:
It's my right as a man.

JUDITH:
Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
LORETTA:
I want to have babies.
REG:
You want to have babies?!
LORETTA:
It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG:
But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA:
Don't you oppress me.
REG:
I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!
LORETTA:
[crying]
JUDITH:
Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.
FRANCIS:
Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.
REG:
What's the point?
FRANCIS:
What?
REG:
What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!
FRANCIS:
It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
REG:
Symbolic of his struggle against reality.

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/brian/brian-07.htm
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Anna G.

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 02:34:14 AM »
Quote from: crt360
I don't think any of us find it dishonorable - quite the opposite, actually.  I personally think my self and other men are psychologically ill-prepared to be good mothers.  Most, if not all, other guys I know probably feel the same way.  We didn't play with baby dolls as children or want to grow up so we could be a mommy like the girls did.  As a result, some of us find it quite baffling that a survey indicates 40% of the French males "yearn" to experience pregnancy.  I still don't buy it.  I think some of them must have thought they were being asked if they "yearned to instigate pregnacy" or "yearned to experience intercourse."
I don't believe in the theory about the gender roles: if something is not good enough for the men, it is not good enough for me. You don't learn much about raising kids by playing with dolls. At this point I am just clueless about it as you are. Smiley  In my opinion it is something you just have to learn when you start doing it and how good you will be in it is in no way connected with your gender. There are plenty of tender fathers raising kids and we all hear every day of the horrible mothers who shouldn't have been allowed to have children in the first place.

That aside, we aren't even talking about men being mothers, we are talking merely about the pregnancy, which is something everyone is suited to do, right? Everyone is but for some strange reason this is not something a "normal man" should do?

Quote from: crt360
"Because if there is such thing which makes it not good enough for a "real man" I will have to consider removing some organs." - Anna G.

??  I didn't understand this last sentence.
I am sorry for the poor expression, I meant my reproductive organs.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 06:11:49 AM »
That aside, we aren't even talking about men being mothers, we are talking merely about the pregnancy, which is something everyone is suited to do, right? Everyone is but for some strange reason this is not something a "normal man" should do?
Um ... no.

Speaking just as a male with a bit of education, I can state unequivocally that not everyone is suited to become pregnant.  Indeed, not even all women are suited become pregnant.   I don't have the time or inclination to go into what it takes to become pregnant or bear a child to term, but I hope you'll just trust me when I say that a man's body is not nearly as capable as a woman's body in this arena.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 06:51:06 AM »
On a vaguely related note:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ode to France

Don't you just love it.........

Eleven thousand soldiers
lay beneath the dirt and stone,
all buried on a distant land
so far away from home.

For just a strip of dismal beach
they paid a hero's price,
to save a foreign nation
they all made the sacrifice.

And now the shores of Normandy
are lined with blocks of white:
Americans who didn't turn
from someone else's plight.

Eleven thousand reasons
for the French to take our side,
but in the moment of our need,
they chose to run and hide.

Chirac said every war means loss,
perhaps for France that's true,
for they've lost every battle
since the days of Waterloo.

Without a soldier worth a damn
to be found within the region,
the French became the only land
to need a Foreign Legion.

You French all say we're arrogant.
Well hell, we've earned the right--
We saved your sorry nation
when you lacked the guts to fight.

But now you've made a big mistake,
and one that you'll regret;
you took sides with our enemies,
and that we won't forget.

It wasn't just our citizens
you spit on when you turned,
but every one of yours
who fell the day the towers burned.

You spit upon our soldiers,
on our pilots and Marines,
and now you'll get a little sense
of just what payback means.

So keep your Paris fashions
and your wine and your champagne,
and find some other market
that will buy your aeroplanes.

And try to find somebody else
to wear your French cologne,
for you're about to find out
what it means to stand alone.

You see, you need us far more
than we ever needed you.
America has better friends
who know how to be true.

I'd rather stand with warriors
who have the will and might,
than huddle in the dark
with those whose only flag is white.

I'll take the Brits, the Aussies,
the Israelis and the rest,
for when it comes to valor
we have seen that they're the best.

We'll count on one another
as we face a moment dire,
while you sit on the sideline
with a sign, "friendship for hire."

We'll win this war without you
and we'll total up the cost,
and take it from your foreign aid,
and then you'll feel the loss.

And when your nation starts to fall,
well Frenchie, you can spare us,
just call the Germans for a hand,
they know the way to Paris.

Don Fichthorn,
Major USMC (Retired)

Antibubba
2005-06-12 08:06:25 It's historical.  The French are just so used to bending over and getting screwed; they just want something good to come of it.
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

Anna G.

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 10:54:06 AM »
Cordex, I trust you, but the question is "Science permitting, would you?" so we assume such pregnancy is possible for the sake of the survey and the argument. If it really is possible is interesting but irrelevant. It is obvious that the idea of the thread isn't about the scientific aspect of such thing but rather about what sissies the french are to even want such a thing. So for me the question why it is unhonorable to want to get pregnant still stands.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 03:13:58 PM »
So for me the question why it is unhonorable to want to get pregnant still stands.
It's not, if you are a woman.  Sorry, there are just somethings, that no matter how much some people whine and complain, shouldn't happen.  Men getting pregnant is one of them.

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 04:08:12 PM »
Heck, me getting pregnant is one of them..yikes.

What Anna's saying, I think, is that too often something seen as "woman's" is seen as below the dignity of men..kind of like the discussions of the pussification of men, as if being like a woman was a bad thing, and being called one was the ultimate insult. Gets annoying to those of us who are by nature one of your little ulitimate insults, especially those of us who see ourselves as just fine and don't judge ourselves based on what men think we should be.  Wink

I dunno..this one is just strange. I can kind of see why anyone, man or woman, would want to be able to create life and spawn things and such..in a creepy kind of something growing in my tummy kind of way. But then again..eww..something growing in your tummy..so, I dunno. I'm probably not typical like that. By the time I got to the stage I'd have considered giving birth, I already had too many kids to take care of, and quite frankly, that doesn't bother me at all. The idea of something squishing around in there isn't really all that appealing. And I'm a woman (no really..I have ovaries and everything!) so I would think it would be even stranger for a man to want to become pregnant. Like I said, I'd like to hear how the question was actually phrased.

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005, 08:07:11 PM »
like the discussions of the pussification of men, as if being like a woman was a bad thing
It's bad if you're a man!  Shouldn't even think of acting like one.

Look at the other side of it, if there were discussion of the "manification" of women...  Ack!  Manly Women!!!  That's about as bad as girly men!  I can't handle the gender lines being blurred anymore than they already are myself.
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 09:15:16 PM »
What Anna's saying, I think, is that too often something seen as "woman's" is seen as below the dignity of men..
Gotcha.

I'm still happy to let the women be stronger in this example.