Author Topic: Judge blocks part of Arizona Immigration Law  (Read 5192 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Judge blocks part of Arizona Immigration Law
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »
The issue is that this nation is being invaded.

The rest is legal playtime.  Bolton dealt with "the law" as if the on-the-ground realities did not exist.  As if the Federal Government operated responsibly and in good faith.  As if there were no significant threat to the citizens of Arizona from massive illegal immigration.  Who, really, is being harmed and who needs to be protected by a preliminary injunction?  Let's get real about the context in which all of this is occurring.  "They" want an amnesty; the rest is just a slow adagio.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
Sorry, man, the invasion isn't the issue.  Why they are invading us, and why the politicians are playing fast and loose with the Constitiution and the law....that is the real issue.  The ability to build a tyrannical majority that can vote for more stuff from the minority, that is the real issue, and exactly why we are in the immigration boat we're in.  It is by design.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 11:50:03 PM »
I meant the real issue in Arizona, not the whole schmeer.  We're not in disagreement about the whole of it.  My point was that the preliminary injunction was a travesty because the people Bolton needed to protect from immediate harm were the citizens of Arizona.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 12:45:35 AM »
The ability to build a tyrannical majority that can vote for more stuff from the minority, that is the real issue

[Connery]What are you prepared to do about it[/Connery]

Anybody going to Galt's Gulch?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams