Author Topic: Al Franken Mistakes Senate Floor for SNL  (Read 6016 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
Re: Al Franken Mistakes Senate Floor for SNL
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:16:35 PM »
He's a punk from a punk culture.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

P5 Guy

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »
What can one expect from a Hollywood Elitist?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:36:59 PM »
Al Franken acts like Al Franken.  More news at eleven.

Was he not caught on tape screaming at Republicans and generally losing his cool at some political event a few years ago?  As I've said from day one, his election is a fitting commentary on the same election year that brought us the Clown President.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
Al Franken is the reason Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota is unfit to be considered as a serious presidential candidate - when obvious voter fraud was going on as the Democrats stole the election, Pawlenty simply sat down, closed his eyes, stuck his fingers in his ears, and did nothing. He didn't even try to use the "bully pulpit" that he could have as the incumbent governor.

I don't expect Republicans to behave like loudmouths Al Sharpton, Howard Dean, etc., but I'd like to see them actually act like men once in a while.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »
Al Franken is the reason Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota is unfit to be considered as a serious presidential candidate - when obvious voter fraud was going on as the Democrats stole the election, Pawlenty simply sat down, closed his eyes, stuck his fingers in his ears, and did nothing. He didn't even try to use the "bully pulpit" that he could have as the incumbent governor.

I don't expect Republicans to behave like loudmouths Al Sharpton, Howard Dean, etc., but I'd like to see them actually act like men once in a while.

+1

The Republicans will still be playing the gentleman while we are put onto the cattle cars (well, some of us...).

FrankenSenator is symptomatic of The Other Culture that metastasized throughout America over the last forty years as the United States of SNL was created.  We have a lot of very silly people in this country.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »
Can we encourage our elected reps to return to pistols and 10 paces for things like this?  They'd act better or we'd get new reps; either way we're better off.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 06:59:33 PM »
Al Franken Mistakes Senate Floor for SNL

In Franken's defense, it can be difficult to tell the difference.

Can we encourage our elected reps to return to pistols and 10 paces for things like this?  They'd act better or we'd get new reps; either way we're better off.

Ah, the Hamilton-Burr amendment.  I like the way you think.   >:D
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »
In Franken's defense, it can be difficult to tell the difference.

=D

The Republicans will still be playing the gentleman while we are put onto the cattle cars.

This would also be funny, if it were not also true. =(

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »
Franken is the modern day equivalent of Caligula's horse (or a part thereof).
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »
Did you write that line?  Can I use it?

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
I know CSPAN claims they didn't get a video of Franken but I'm sure someone did ... I hope it surfaces soon ...  :O
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »
Al Franken acts like Al Franken.  More news at eleven.

Was he not caught on tape screaming at Republicans and generally losing his cool at some political event a few years ago?  As I've said from day one, his election is a fitting commentary on the same election year that brought us the Clown President.

Just remember, Al Franken was selected not elected.  They recounted until he was given the seat.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 03:34:11 PM »
Yes, I wrote, and, yes, you can use it.  (to Fistful)  But with discretion. =D
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
  But with discretion. =D

Discretion?  What's that?

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 07:18:13 PM »
Discretion?  What's that?
The better part of valor.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
He was not funny as a writer on SNL.

He was not funny as an actor on SNL.

He is a disgrace as a member congress.

He is appropriate as a Democrat, though.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 12:04:12 PM »
Not a bad wrestler, though, I hear, even though he seems to choose inappropriate times for it.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 01:00:17 PM »
longeyes, what did poor Incitatus do to you to deserve an insult like that?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »
To me, nothing, but I won't let FrankenSenator get me in a headlock either.  The guy's known for an irascible temper.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »

After the last election cycle I went through news articles from the last 6 years or so looking for close federal races that went to a recount.  It was a 50/50 split between Republicans and Democrats coming out the winners.

For some reason Republicans never remember Republicans winning a close election and the same goes for Democrats.  They sure do remember when the other guy "steals" them though.

I don't quite get it.  *shrug*

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
It's not about close elections.  It's about zombies voting.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 11:12:01 PM »
Margin of fraud

So Republicans and Democrats split close elections.

Have we any indications that the former engages in voter fraud as the latter does?

So close elections are split evenly. How many of those elections should not have been close if fraud were not ignored, allowed, or encouraged?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 08:22:56 AM »
. . . For some reason Republicans never remember Republicans winning a close election and the same goes for Democrats.  They sure do remember when the other guy "steals" them though. . . .
In Minnesota, dozens of precincts reported vote totals that exceeded the number of people voting.

Can you say "Stuffing the ballot boxes?"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 09:25:15 AM »
Just like the Florida election debacle.
Some pundit demonstrated that if you stuffed several of the cards into the machine and then voted, it left dimpled and hanging chads.  Most of those were for Gore.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”