Author Topic: The Ground Glass Contingent  (Read 4642 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: The Ground Glass Contingent
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 03:01:58 PM »
While I don't particularly like the Constitution Party and agree they're overly religious for my tastes, the bit of their platform you quoted doesn't really illustrate that. The Founders were pretty explicit about grounding their reasoning in Judeo-Christian traditions/ethics/laws.  ???
Of the 10 commandments only 3 are US law. The first commandment would make an explicitly unconstitutional law.

Which laws did we inherit from the Bible? Perhaps our resident lawyers will chime in.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »
The 10 commandements are part of the Mosaic (ie Jewish) law, not Christian. And the passage you quoted was "rooted in" not "based upon" or "an exact transcription of."

Again, not supporting the Constitution Party at all, but it would be silly to not admit that the Founders explicitly based their logic on Biblical precedents. That's not really something that you can avoid with even a casual perusal of the source material.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »

Not just medicine.

Watch for mechanics shops that go under, to re-open in the owner's home garage on a cash only basis.  Software consulting to be paid in bitcoins.  "Bountiful Baskets" and other attempts to enlarge farmer's market reach.

It's starting, and it's exciting.

I live next door to one of those.  He had an automotive & motorcycle shop on a high-traffic street in town.  City decided to schedule street maintenance such that all access to his shop was shut down for months during his busiest season.  He went under, had to declare BK.

As they climbed out of that hole, they looked at the current economy and said [Sigourney] Screw That! [/Sigourney], and began to provide service to the bikers that had been their regulars.  Now, in addition to bikes, he does the occasional car or truck.

Very discreet.  I have no problem with them at all.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »

Again, not supporting the Constitution Party at all, but it would be silly to not admit that the Founders explicitly based their logic on Biblical precedents. That's not really something that you can avoid with even a casual perusal of the source material.

People like White Horseradish do all the time, just watch em!  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.