Author Topic: The workout video....  (Read 2496 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
The workout video....
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »
Okay by now, who hasn't seen the video of the Pres working out?
http://youtu.be/R35fFm1p7pM
Whatever. We know he's not excessively athletic.  It's early, he's like 7 time zones away, and he's doing what at least appears to be a higher pace workout with lighter weight.  I'm not one to dog hard on anyone's workout, unless they're just flat doing it wrong.  If I was one of the SS guys, I'd probably lend the guy a helping hand, but that's just me.  Good for him.  America's fat, and he's setting an example vs. his wife's heavy handed attacks on our children.....
Anyways:
Timing, anyone?  We've suddenly got a "leaked" video showing the President just being one of us, a humanizing moment, right after the VA and Bergdahl scandals?
We do have the SS claiming that they don't clear the gyms out once their checked over, and that he does work out with regular people present if they're in the hotels.  But suddenly, now?  We're what, 6 years into the Obama presidency?
Or am I just cynical?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

fifth_column

• friend
Re: The workout video....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:59:01 AM »
Everything that any president does is subject to excessive scrutiny.  Using casual, public appearances as PR is nothing new.  In this case it's a cheap and obvious attempt to engender sympathy, camaraderie, or whatever.  But aren't they all? 

If a politician was capable of true feelings, they probably wouldn't have gone into politics in the first place.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »
I'm sure the POTUS works out frequently to keep his girlish figure.  At least three or four times a term.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 11:57:50 AM »
You'd think he would be too exhausted from running his mouth, dodging real questions, and hiding the facts.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
The real question is does he stand up to pee ?    :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:34:45 PM »
A round of golf,even riding,is decent exercise.
jeff w

I like onions!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
You'd think he would be too exhausted from running his mouth, dodging real questions, and hiding the facts.

Hahahahahahaha. One internetz, you win.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »

Seriously? Of all the things that the guy does that warrants criticism, this is what people harp on?

The guy is working out. I'm sure he also gets dressed, blows his nose, takes a shower and does several other normal type activities that if video taped at the wrong moment would look awkward. It's not illegal, it's not a bad thing, and it's a personal activity.

This is as bad as the creepy folks who stalk celebrities when they're out shopping or whatnot.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
Seriously? Of all the things that the guy does that warrants criticism, this is what people harp on?

The guy is working out. I'm sure he also gets dressed, blows his nose, takes a shower and does several other normal type activities that if video taped at the wrong moment would look awkward. It's not illegal, it's not a bad thing, and it's a personal activity.

This is as bad as the creepy folks who stalk celebrities when they're out shopping or whatnot.

I agree, except to hark back to all the adoration heaped on him during the 2008 campaign and post-election honeymoon, including the swooning a la JFK over his "attractiveness" (shirtless beach photos  ;/) at the time. This video shouldn't surprise or disappoint anyone who has already witnessed the mom-jeans bicycle rides. Just one more stripping away of the illusion fostered to sell a deficient product.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 01:47:04 PM »

Fortunately, I haven't seen much harping on this. Which is good. It should simply be ignored. A man's physical capabilities are completely irrelevant to his competence (or lack their of) to faithfully execute the Office of the President of the United States.

I'll prefer to harp on his deadly incompetence, seeing as the media will not. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 02:23:34 PM »
The real question is does he stand up to pee ?    :P

A Euroweenie at hear.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »

What's really got me curious is how quickly the MSM has gone from piling on the Bergdahl trade, to defending the Pres over this video, which is what has my cynical stink eye open.
JD

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 05:21:21 PM »
What's really got me curious is how quickly the MSM has gone from piling on the Bergdahl trade, to defending the Pres over this video, which is what has my cynical stink eye open.

A-yup. The timing is interesting.

As to the amount of weight he's doing, so what? It takes a lot of invested time to reach the point where you can do an impressive amount of weight.

OTOH, I do recall one news story from right after his first swearing-in referring to the "beads of sweat glistening on his biceps" as he shot some hoops. Hard to live up to that sort of literary masturbation.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »
I wonder if we could find any MSM types complimenting W. for "setting an example," like Wolf Blitzer does in that clip. He did plenty of running, clearing brush, and other physical activity.

Everything that any president does is subject to excessive scrutiny.  Using casual, public appearances as PR is nothing new.  In this case it's a cheap and obvious attempt to engender sympathy, camaraderie, or whatever.  But aren't they all? 

I guess I don't see how a work-out session engenders sympathy. ???
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:07:31 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 06:23:45 PM »
I wonder if we could find any MSM types complimenting W. for "setting an example," like Wolf Blitzer does in that clip. He did plenty of running, clearing brush, and other physical activity.

I guess I don't see how a work-out session engenders sympathy. ???

The MSM is on the attack over the "privacy" aspects of it.  ;/
JD

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
The MSM is on the attack over the "privacy" aspects of it.  ;/

:rofl:  :rofl:

I can't even believe that's true. I'll look it up later, but I'm going to assume you're joking. I guess I missed all the uproar from MSM, when little Miss No-panties' privacy was violated, as she got out of the limo.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 11:38:13 PM »
LOL. :rofl: It'll only be a day or two before the Putin workout video comes out, if it hasn't already.
Putin probably flexes more muscles taking a dump...

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 11:10:17 AM »
LOL. :rofl: It'll only be a day or two before the Putin workout video comes out, if it hasn't already.
Putin probably flexes more muscles taking a dump...

And he has a plan  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 08:44:41 AM »
Probably a response to videos of Putin practicing martial arts, taking his shirt off to hunt, horseback ride, etc.

Too bad as a commentator on Fox said, in this video Obama makes Richard Simmons look like Vin Diesel.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »
Every-flippin'-thing is political.  As George Will said of another president, who denied political motives for an action he took: "Who is he trying to kid?  The man doesn't floss his teeth without considering the political consequences".
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 10:46:49 AM »
Every-flippin'-thing is political.  As George Will said of another president, who denied political motives for an action he took: "Who is he trying to kid?  The man doesn't floss his teeth without considering the political consequences".

So he wants to project an image of weakness that is even more pathetic than the reality? Everything this man has done seems to be calculated to publicly emasculate the USA in one form or another.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »
So he wants to project an image of weakness that is even more pathetic than the reality? Everything this man has done seems to be calculated to publicly emasculate the USA in one form or another.

Distraction and humanity?  Handlers trying to make him a sympathetic figure, everyday joe? 
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »
Distraction and humanity?  Handlers trying to make him a sympathetic figure, everyday joe? 

I'm not sure that anything he's portrayed doing is other than him just being that segment of the US population. The 70% of the populace where I live that voted for him think the bike riding photo is cool, the arugula eating is cool, the bowing to foreign interests (both literally and figuratively) -- pretty much any of the things that we, to Ron's point, think emasculate the US, that voting base does itself or approves of, and thinks it's the way things should be.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 02:00:56 PM »
I'm not sure that anything he's portrayed doing is other than him just being that segment of the US population. The 70% of the populace where I live that voted for him think the bike riding photo is cool, the arugula eating is cool, the bowing to foreign interests (both literally and figuratively) -- pretty much any of the things that we, to Ron's point, think emasculate the US, that voting base does itself or approves of, and thinks it's the way things should be.
Yes, but when you get away from the coasts, that percentage inverts.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 02:08:47 PM »
Everyday joe will be having a steak and a beer instead of being clownshoes in a hotel gym. Potus could havethebest trainers priveledge could buy, but itsobvious he hasn't used that perk. If his intent was to look like a buffoon, he succeeded.

Barack Obama