Main Forums > Politics

Lawmakers want to end oil shipments to US reserve

<< < (4/4)

AZRedhawk44:
Forgive me for being applying the obvious (but potentially incorrect) assumption that:

US Coastal sovereignty stops 12 miles off-shore, right?

Making that international waters, outside of US jurisdiction (and any state as well)?

Couldn't I just tap my own financial reservoirs and settle a 50 million dollar oil rig 13 miles off-shore and thumb my nose at California?

The Chinese obviously did so, out in the Atlantic near Florida...

WeedWhacker:

--- Quote from: AZRedhawk44 on May 14, 2008, 10:18:30 AM ---Forgive me for being applying the obvious (but potentially incorrect) assumption that:

US Coastal sovereignty stops 12 miles off-shore, right?

Making that international waters, outside of US jurisdiction (and any state as well)?

Couldn't I just tap my own financial reservoirs and settle a 50 million dollar oil rig 13 miles off-shore and thumb my nose at California?

The Chinese obviously did so, out in the Atlantic near Florida... =|

Some folks did something along those lines off the coast of England. They called their little private country "Sealand". They were also invaded by some people with machine guns, as I recall.

Pirates are probably a bit more leery of pissing off China than you or I.

AZRedhawk44:

--- Quote ---Some folks did something along those lines off the coast of England. They called their little private country "Sealand". They were also invaded by some people with machine guns, as I recall.

So, in order to increase the pirate population and thereby stop global warming in its tracks, all we have to do is provide deceptively vulnerable booty on the high seas?

I'd put a Ma Deuce on each corner of the platform and issue M14's to all workers.  I'd even sow the water with baby seal chum so sharks would circle for target practice for my workers!

We'd create pirates out of thin air (perhaps pirates are a by-product of excess heat?) and cool the earth.  No more buying trees in Kenya! 

Shoot a pirate and save the Earth!   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version