Main Forums > Politics

Lawmakers want to end oil shipments to US reserve

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ben:
Interesting that they want to do this "given the high price of gasoline" yet balk at temporarily eliminating or reducing taxes at the pump (and I won't even get into refineries and drilling).

I do agree from the economic side, that you want to buy low, sell high. We could probably do with reducing reserve purchases until the price settles down. And yeah, ANWR is a natural reserve for us. And failing that, why can't we park an oil rig right next to the Chinese ones 100 miles off Florida?

Sergeant Bob:
Nothing but a ploy by the Dem's to make Bush look bad. It's what they do....

wmenorr67:
The federal tax on a gallon of gas is only 18 cents.  Wow that will be a lot of help---sarcasm off.

It is not the governments job to regulate the cost of goods and services.  If that is the case then in my opinion the cost of new cars is way too much and the government needs to make the auto industry sell them cheaper.

Ben:

--- Quote ---The federal tax on a gallon of gas is only 18 cents.  Wow that will be a lot of help---sarcasm off.

Mostly my point was that politicians don't like to consider stuff that takes money out of their tax pockets.

LAK:
Waitone
--- Quote ---We already have a really big national reserve.  Actually two of them.  They are named ANWR and Gull Island.  Problem is previous agreements with our best friends the Saudis will keep us from drilling and then refining.Very true too; the reserves at the capped Gull Island pool alone are enormous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version