Author Topic: nypd officer convicted / lying about evidence in gun arrest  (Read 908 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-police-office-pleads-perjury-20180627-story.html#

a step in the right direction I guess, but if I was visiting NYC with a gun i legally bought etc, i could get three yrs in prison
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: nypd officer convicted / lying about evidence in gun arrest
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 05:39:11 PM »
That's a weird normal link I'm not going to click on.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 05:40:54 PM »
That's a weird link I'm not going to click on.

huh, fixed it
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
A city cop was thrown in jail for two months after copping Wednesday to perjury and official misconduct for lying about a gun bust in Washington Heights.

NYPD Officer Sasha Cordoba, 35, falsely claimed she saw a 38-year-old suspect threaten another man with a gun and that she and her partner had seen it in his waistband on Nov. 6, 2014.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »
I guess she wasn't pro-Choice.

I'm glad she was convicted.

Still though two months isn't quite enough. She should get whatever the maximum that Choice could have gotten.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 09:03:07 PM »

I'm glad she was convicted.

Still though two months isn't quite enough. She should get whatever the maximum that Choice could have gotten.

Especially since she had been convicted once before for being dirty. Even if a judge tossed the 2014 conviction on a technicality, the handwriting was on the wall. And she was too arrogant to learn from the 2014 case, so she went right on being dirty until it finally caught up with her (again).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 11:10:30 AM »
When a cop/presecutor/other government employee LIES in an attempt to secure a conviction, IMHO they ought to get at least the same penalty the target of their lies was facing should they be convicted.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »
Especially since she had been convicted once before for being dirty. Even if a judge tossed the 2014 conviction on a technicality, the handwriting was on the wall. And she was too arrogant to learn from the 2014 case, so she went right on being dirty until it finally caught up with her (again).

Begs the question: How many times did she get away with it?
In my opinion EVERY SINGLE arrest she ever made, every testimony she gave, every report and every statement she ever made is now compromised.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 11:55:56 AM »
When a cop/presecutor/other government employee LIES in an attempt to secure a conviction, IMHO they ought to get at least the same penalty the target of their lies was facing should they be convicted.

Hear, hear !

In my opinion EVERY SINGLE arrest she ever made, every testimony she gave, every report and every statement she ever made is now compromised.

Hear, hear!  I hope a bunch of lawyers are headed to the prisons right now to get new clients.

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 01:55:43 PM »
When a local detective refused to retire quietly following being busted for drug sales they threw the book at him and flushed the system. Every case with his name on it was Xmas for the defense attorneys. Most dismissed outright or given deals too good to pass on
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »

You know, I was going to ask if you really meant that, even for capital offenses. And then I realized it made quite a bit of sense.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 02:16:08 PM »

I absolutely agree.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »

Without a doubt.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 06:42:58 PM »

You know, I was going to ask if you really meant that, even for capital offenses. And then I realized it made quite a bit of sense.

Especially capital cases.  There was a case I read about in Texas where the prosecutor in a capital case withheld evidence that proved the guy was not guilty.  I think the prosecutor eventually got in trouble for misconduct and the accused was released.  In an interview afterwards, the guy they tried to railroad said he thought the prosecutor should be tried for attempted murder.  Makes sense to me.
"It's good, though..."