Author Topic: Chipotle says "no guns"  (Read 9462 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Chipotle says "no guns"
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/19/chipotle-guns_n_5354569.html

I have mixed feelings on this

I don't support businesses who dont allow guns. Period.

But... previously they didn't have a problem. Then a bunch of dudes OC rifles in there... for whatever reason.

I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish, but it seems it had the opposite effect.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Bigjake

• friend
Re: Chipotle says "no guns"
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »
Chipotle has been on my FOAD list since the campaign to appease vegans by F***ing up the pinto beans.   

That's just fine.  Keep your (now) mediocre and overpriced burrito.   I was a fan,  and happily paid for tasty food, up until the point they decided to let politics influence the quality of chow.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:29:01 PM »
Chipotle has been on my FOAD list since the campaign to appease vegans by F***ing up the pinto beans.   

That's just fine.  Keep your (now) mediocre and overpriced burrito.   I was a fan,  and happily paid for tasty food, up until the point they decided to let politics influence the quality of chow.

I don't eat there regularly, but I did enjoy it occasionally.

The only other similar place near me is Freebirds, which i like.. No idea of their stance on guns, but since they don't have a properly posted TX 30.06 sign, I havent needed to worry
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:30:40 PM »
And anyways, i guess my major point of irritation is this is another example of a "battle" that gun rights advocates engaged in, against someone who wasn't really an enemy... but now is.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:36:59 PM »
Or maybe, some people who were not involved in the OCT (Open Carry Texas) event decided posting a picture of themselves up on the book of faces (and other things) so a group of people purporting to be moms would get in a tizzy and start making demands to the Chipotle chain. BTW, why in all that is sacred would someone want to eat at that place when I am sure there was a mom and pop mexican place within a couple of blocks boggles my mind.

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/guns-bullying-open-carry-women-moms-texas

Based on what I have read in other media, including newspapers in Texas, I suspect there is more than a bit of truth in this story.  Way to win converts to the cause, OCT.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 12:08:58 AM »
Well a libertarian would say, well its is their business and they have the right to do that. Also the libertarian would also say, if you don't agree with them, no one is making you use their business.

I've never been to Chipotle, even though there is one not far from my house.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:51:03 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »
My ex and I ate at Chipotle's once. Worst restaurant food I've ever had. I looked at other diners' dishes, and they didn't look any better.

I caught an article online about the story. I love this blurb:

"The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to open-carry gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

Erika Soto Lamb, a spokeswoman for the group, said she thought the move by Chipotle was a "bold statement," especially considering its previous stance of complying with local laws."

I'm glad that the group was able to stop Chipotle's from complying with local laws.  ;/

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 12:33:14 AM »
Well a libertarian would say, well its is their business and they have the right to do that. Also the libertarian would also say, if you don't agree with them, no one is making you us their business.

I've never been to Chipotle, even though there is one not far from my house.

I agree. My point is, their decision was preceeded by tards doing tardish things

Why would a gun owner who has all kinds of pics of him OCing a rifle everywhere choose to convince a business to NOT allow guns?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 01:04:56 AM »
Chipotle is delicious. I really like the rice they use.

Spitting, Stalking, Rape Threats: How Gun Extremists Target Women

I'm sure this is about to be a completely unbiased article.

A tall, thin man standing nearby stared at Longdon, then back at the screen. Then he walked up to Longdon and spat in her face. No one else blinked.

Longdon was shocked and embarrassed, she told me, but she didn't falter. "Wow, aren't you a big man," she said as he turned and walked away. Instead of calling for security, she wheeled herself to a restroom to clean herself off. She was tired—she lives with constant physical pain—and didn’t want to miss her flight.

Meh. People sometimes spit when in the presence of someone that discusses them. Sometimes you see it in movies where the hero couragesly does it when threatened against some real bad guy, but these are "gun extremests" so what they did was in fact cowardly by trying to make themselves "big men". ;/

What happened to Longdon in Indianapolis is part of a disturbing pattern. Ever since the Sandy Hook massacre, a small but vocal faction of the gun rights movement has been targeting women who speak up on the issue—whether to propose tighter regulations, educate about the dangers to children, or simply to sell guns with innovative security features.

Why won't these gun extremists understand that they are just trying to do things like sell guns with innovative secureity features and give a simple educatation to our children? It's not like any of these things they are trying to do violates our Second Amendment rights? Think of the children.

They shouted about constitutional rights and tyranny, and called people arriving to trade in their guns "sellouts."

The horror! :O

After a fundraiser one night during the program, Longdon returned home around 10 p.m., parked her ramp-equipped van and began unloading herself. As she wheeled up to her house, a man stepped out of the shadows. He was dressed in black and had a rifle, "like something out of a commando movie," Longdon told me. He took aim at her and pulled the trigger. Longdon was hit with a stream of water. "Don't you wish you had a gun now, bitch?" he scoffed before taking off.

Not cool, but it does prove a point. Also wouldn't of shed a tear if she was packing and shot him.

The sight of groups of (mostly) men carrying semi-automatic rifles along a busy road or inside the local Jack in the Box has prompted bystanders to call police.

All these evil evil men. Grrrr.

They use their guns because that's all they have. If you know what I mean."

Oh good, another penis size reference. I forgot that's why we carry firearms.

Last October, hundreds of armed people gathered for a rally at the Alamo in San Antonio, where Open Carry Texas had invited Alex Jones,

I'm sure he was super curtious and non-provocative. :facepalm:

Provocative tactics in the name of the Second Amendment are by no means confined to Texas. Recently, public displays of guns have caused alarm in Wisconsin, and gun rights activists have menaced a businesswoman in California and a gun dealer in Maryland for trying to sell firearms equipped with high-tech safety features.

Can't understand why anyone would be angry at someone working to bring in more anti-second amendment laws.

Last Thursday, a firearms instructor in Florida posted a video on the Facebook page of Moms Demand Action, in which he filmed himself at a gun range blasting a paper target bearing the Moms logo. "Happy Mother's Day," he says with a grin, displaying the cluster of bullet holes.

People often destroy the symbols of their enemies, take flag burning or effigies for example. But he used a ggggun!

Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action, has faced a continuous barrage. "For me, the question is always, 'Why does this person want to kill or rape or silence me?'" she says. "I think the answer is that this issue touches a cultural nerve based on gender, geography, and other politics. There are pundits who make a good deal of money encouraging this type of anger."

[barf]

The reality is that a majority of NRA members and gun owners support the reforms we're fighting for."

No, no they don't

Am I saying that there are not people who are pretty nasty people who would serve a lot more by not talking? No. What I am saying is that most of the examples given here are really not bad at all. We certainly seem to treat the people who would like to see our constitution shredded a lot better than we did when it was first drafted up. I wonder what people would think if we were to douse one of their leaders with oil, cover in feathers, and gave them the wooden horse treament. There would probably be calls from our own side calling for their heads.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 01:10:58 AM »
Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action, has faced a continuous barrage. "For me, the question is always, 'Why does this person want to kill or rape or silence me?'" she says. "I think the answer is that this issue touches a cultural nerve based on gender, geography, and other politics. There are pundits who make a good deal of money encouraging this type of anger."

'Cause pro-gun conservative chicks never get death threats, or hear about why/how they should be raped, or their children killed by spree killers.  ;/

Shannon Watts hires armed security. 'Nuff said.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 06:54:03 AM »
I l8ve the comments section. I wonder how many indignant people whonposted about being 'intimidated' by gun owners give a crap about armed NBPs outside of polling places?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 07:52:17 AM »
Those posters go to great lengths to live in "good" neighborhoods

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
I agree. My point is, their decision was preceeded by tards doing tardish things

Why would a gun owner who has all kinds of pics of him OCing a rifle everywhere choose to convince a business to NOT allow guns?

Pretty much, in your face action really works wonders doesn't it?

Uranus is a gas giant.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re:
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 10:10:33 AM »
Those posters go to great lengths to live in "good" neighborhoods

Failing to notice, of course, that crime, like any other profit-motivated endeavor, will go where the money is.

They like to set up high-density regions of wealth, with lots of houses full of expensive toys closely spaced so the burglars and home invaders can park and walk more easily, then they wonder why the crime doesn't stay in the "bad" neighborhood less than ten minutes' drive away.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »
It's their right to say what one can openly bring into their business.  It's your right not to do business with them.

That said, the clowns OCing ARs and such, especially when the fight is pretty much won, are not helping in the slightest.  The way to normalize open carry of firearms is to actually act normal. As I said on Facebook, if your normal carry requires an AR be slung over your back, you may want to look to moving somewhere else.

Sidearms aren't generally noticed & don't seem nearly as threatening as an EBR.  Just wear your sidearm (where legal) and go about your business as if nothing were unusual.  People will be far more accepting of that than someone walking around with a EBR w/magazine in it basically getting up in their face with it.

As Alan Andrews of Vicious Circle/The Squirrel Report (in)fam(y) said, "don't violate the don't-be-a-dick rule. "
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
I'm curious - how would you organize and carry out a campaign to legalize the open carry of handguns?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing that the open-carry-at-people of rifles may not be the best way to go about it.  But I'd like to hear a "better idea".

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 11:29:58 AM »
Sidearms aren't generally noticed & don't seem nearly as threatening as an EBR.  Just wear your sidearm (where legal) and go about your business as if nothing were unusual.  People will be far more accepting of that than someone walking around with a EBR w/magazine in it basically getting up in their face with it.

Y'know, a PS90 is small enough to be carried in a drop leg holster for some of us.  Where would that fit in the continuum of "little gun on hip good, big gun on sling bad?"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
It's their right to say what one can openly bring into their business.  It's your right not to do business with them.

That said, the clowns OCing ARs and such, especially when the fight is pretty much won, are not helping in the slightest.  The way to normalize open carry of firearms is to actually act normal. As I said on Facebook, if your normal carry requires an AR be slung over your back, you may want to look to moving somewhere else.

As Alan Andrews of Vicious Circle/The Squirrel Report (in)fam(y) said, "don't violate the don't-be-a-dick rule. "

The flip-side of that is no group has really done a good job of expanding or defending their rights by trying to play nice, not upset people, and fly below the radar.

- The women's sufferage protests and arrests.

- The Civil Rights marchers, bus and diner sit-ins.

- The gay Stonewall riots in New York.

Honestly, if aside from the handful of anti-gun states, the main anti forces are now fighting Facebook and Twitter wars for the gun policies of Starbucks and Chipotle locations, it's obvious that overall in America, we've got the anti's fighting for crumbs.   :cool:

That said, I think the OC protests are useful. When your enemy is weak, that's when you hammer them. Now is the time to send a message: "If you don't like guns, are afraid of guns, and don't want to see guns, then shut up, and go away. Otherwise, we'll be there, in your face with guns."

However, the key is to do it on the damn sidewalk. Not inside or on private property unless it's someone who's supportive of the cause. Then this leaves the anti's impotent, and they are denied even the symbolic "win" of having a corporate chain update their firearms policy from "neutral" to "anti".
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 01:14:25 PM »
I like how my friend (retired Maj USAF) summed it up. (he is way more pro gun that most everyone I know)

I'm at the point where I don't care whether I piss anyone off about this.

If you're an open carry advocate, good for you.

If you're an open carry advocate who goes around toting an AR or an AK, you're a frickin' toolbag and the reason we can't have nice things.

A pistol on the hip is one thing. A rifle is something completely different. If you can't understand that, don't go out in public--you're giving us all bad names.

This isn't Afghanistan or Iraq, you douchebags, it's America. All you're doing is letting your inner Lindsey Lohan out when you do *expletive deleted*it like this.

Knock it the hell off.

/rant mode off

Uranus is a gas giant.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »
Quote from: charby's friend
A pistol on the hip is one thing. A rifle is something completely different. If you can't understand that, don't go out in public--you're giving us all bad names.
While I pretty much agree with your friend, I'm not sure his "reasoning" is particularly compelling.  
"It isn't like what I do for some inexplicable reason that any right thinking person simply must agree with, so if you do it you're an assbag."  

Yeah, doesn't really cut the mustard.

This isn't Afghanistan or Iraq, you douchebags, it's America.
I've hear the same sort of thing said about people who choose to carry a handgun every day.

Also, to be clear, while I don't routinely carry any gun openly and certainly not a rifle, I vehemently oppose laws prohibiting it.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 01:44:59 PM »
This isn't Afghanistan or Iraq, you douchebags, it's America.
I've hear the same sort of thing said about people who choose to carry a handgun every day.

Also, to be clear, while I don't routinely carry any gun openly and certainly not a rifle, I vehemently oppose laws prohibiting it.

Also- some places in America are not like the 'stan or iraq- the death tolls in some urban areas from random violence is actually much higher.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 01:45:28 PM »
There are no laws. Yet. But if you want some these fools are working for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »
There are no laws. Yet. But if you want some these fools are working for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My concern exactly.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »
I'm curious - how would you organize and carry out a campaign to legalize the open carry of handguns?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing that the open-carry-at-people of rifles may not be the best way to go about it.  But I'd like to hear a "better idea".

stay safe.

What states have done it?  Look at them. 

(And I think we should.  By the time it got around to Illinois, we knew how the whole process of legalizing and then normalizing concealed carry went.)

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.